Chapter 6: Is it a date?

A/N: when I started this I honestly thought I would be better at updating this. I'm talking weekly updates. I started this in November and there's only what? Five chapters? I haven't been inspired to work on this lately. I don't write as well for my fanfic then I normally do when I write for myself. I'm working a book that I kinda hope one day becomes an actual published book but I doubt that dream will ever come true. Sorry for the ranting. 

You wake up to the smell of waffles and pancakes. The sun is coming in through your open window. You hear birds chirping loudly in the background. You sigh. You think to yourself that you might as well get up. You brush out your hair and put on a striped red and white shirt. You throw on some light wash high rise jeans as well. You run downstairs to see your family eating blueberry waffles while Charlie is eating pancakes.  Charlie Charlie Charlie. Always making life difficult for our parents. You think before turning your attention the the plate of waffles. You grab three and pour a conservative amount of syrup on them. You and your family exchange small talk. You finish and load the dishwasher. Then you grab some money and a crossbody bag. 

"Bye mom! Bye dad!" You say to your family as you walk out the door. They wave in turn. You walk to Australia zoo. You only are there for one day a week in the volunteer program. They had an influx in volunteers and since your so new they don't need you. You wanted to go out on the town portion of Beerwah. You plan on hitting the shops and getting some new clothes. You walk for a few miles and then arrive at a small shopping plaza. You go into a cute jewelry store and buy a short chain necklace with an infinity sign at the end. You go into a clothing store and buy a koala romper. You leave and are about to go into another shop when you get a text from Robert. 

"Hey Y/N! I was wondering if you wanted to meet me at Australia zoo in five minutes?" You smiled at this and went to respond.

"Yeah. I'm in a shopping plaza so I'll get there ASAP. I'll meet you at the front gate." You answer. You start walking towards the zoo. Ten minutes later you arrive at the front gate. It was Saturday and very crowded. Since your from Michigan it was extremely hot to you but according to the cashier at the jewelry store it was a normal temperature for a summer day. You walked towards the ticket stands and waited. Robert was standing a few feet away. He turned around and walked over to you. 

He smiled at you. "Hi Y/N! How are you doing." He asked pleasantly. 

"G'day Robert." You said mocking his accent. You both laughed. 

"Shall we?" Robert asked. He offered his arm. You laughed again and took it. You both walked into the zoo. You walked around for a while looking at the animals and exchanging small talk. 

"So what have you been up to lately, Robert?" You asked curiously. You are stopped outside the dingo exhibit. Crowds of people are staring and some take photos of you and Robert. Quickly you let go of his arm. "We can't let them think we are together do you know how much unwanted publicity that would bring the zoo?" You add. He nods and also lets go.

"G'day everyone! I know you might want pictures but unfortunately I'm with a friend and unable to accommodate right now!" Once the crowd dispersed he answers your previous questions. "Not much. I've hung out with a few friends and done crocodile shows but that's about it. How about you?"

"Other that volunteering and hanging out with my family not much. Not in a relationship so nothing to take up my time and I don't really have any friends here in Australia. They are all back in Michigan." You answer. Your both staring at the Dingos play and run around.

"I'm not in a relationship either. I'm just focusing on wildlife right now. I've dated one of two girls but never anything serious or long." He responded now looking at you instead of the dingos. This made you blush as his blue eyes pierced yours. 

"Really? I've always assumed you were dating Millie Bobby Brown or Emmy Perry." You look at your bandaid from your fall in the zoo from previous weeks. 

"Just because their the only friends I post photos with doesn't mean I'm dating one of them." He joked. "But seriously they are both incredible people. Amazing friends but like I said I'm focusing on wildlife for now." You nod and think about how closely this resembles a date. You don't say anything at risk of embarrassing Robert or yourself but you still think it. 

You look at a few animals before deciding to have lunch at crikey café. You order a salad and so does Robert. You talk about school, photography, and movies. After lunch he has to go to a crocodile show. 

"Hey Y/N I'm sorry to have to do this but I have a croc show I need to prepare for. Do you want to come?" 

"I'd love to I really would but I have to go. My family is picking out a new couch and they want the whole family there." You say goodbye and walk home. 

After five hours you and your family finally pick out a couch, it's foe leather and not very comfortable. You prefer your old couch and your parents tell you they are going to put the old couch in the basement. Your younger siblings pester them about getting a pet. They say they'll consider getting a dog. You don't have high hopes for it but your siblings definitely do. 

A/N: Almost 3,000 reads? That's crazy guys! I never expected anyone to read it! I just want to take a movement to thank you all for the love you've shown me and my story! I feel bad since I don't work hard enough on it but I'll definitely try to work harder! I want to take a moment to shout out my other collection of stories. I'm working on it now and if you click on my profile you can see it! Once I get to 3,000 reads I might do a chapter where you guys get to pick some of the stuff that goes into it! Anyways bye guys!

Word count: 1,105