Chapter 7: This is Nice

A/N: I've decided that this takes place December 3rd 2019. So Robert just turned 16. Even though he turned 17 today irl. Happy birthday btw if by some cursed unfortunate case happens that you see this .

      You quickly check your phone. One text. From Robert. Bindi and Chandler are going to be on a date and Terri is going to be at a meeting. He wondered if you wanted to come over for a movie at 8:30. You quickly thumb a response saying, yes of course you would. It's 12:40 right now. 

      You clean your room. Reorganizing photos of friends from America and dusting. Vacuuming, you listen to Y/F/S and sing poorly along. After cleaning its 1:50. You shower using rose scented body soap. 

      Blowing drying your hair, you Pleat your hair. Not wanting to look like you tried to hard to look nice you put on light green tank top on and Jean shorts. Putting on concealer, you check the time. 2:20. You go sit on your bed and watch Y/F/T.V/S. You slowly fall asleep and are awakened by your dad calling your name. It's 5:54. You eat a dinner of salad. 

      "Do you want me to drive you?" Your dad asks as you get ready to leave. 

      "Yeah that'd be nice. It's a bit chilly for a spring night, right?" Your dad nods in agreement. He drives you to the Irwins' house. 

      "G'day Y/N!" Robert says as he answers the door. 

      "Hello Robert. What movie do you want to watch?" You say taking your shoes off, and petting Stella.

      "I don't know. What do y'a like?" He asks looking at Stella. He's wearing jeans and a blue T-shirt. He looks tired but enthusiastic.

     "I like marvel movies." You say quietly. He looks at you quickly.

      "Really? Me too! Captain America is my favorite!" He says smiling radiantly. It's so infectious you smile too. 

      "Mine too! Do you want to watch one of the Captain America movies?" You ask beaming at this point. You twist your shirt in your hand as you blush.

      "How 'bout Captain America Civil War?" 

      "That sounds perfect!" 

      Popcorn in hand, you start Captain America. You both laugh and make jokes as the movie continues. When the helicopter scene comes up you blush profusely. You can't help it, really. Chris Evans has such nice biceps. As the movie goes in, you find yourself closer and closer to Robert. Eventually he wraps his arm around you. Your tense at first, but then you lean into him, enjoying his warmth and sturdiness. No one says anything. Well- except for Steve and Tony arguing and beating each other to death. It was-nice. 

      At the end of the movie, you and Robert get up and go to the porch. You both sit down on the porch swing, swinging rhythmically and in silence. The waxing crescent beautiful and static. The stars shining so bright. Animals could be heard below. Making chirping and humming noises. It was peaceful. 

      "Do you ever feel something is so right it's wrong?" Robert says finally after ten minutes. 

      "What?"

      "I've always known I wanted to continue my dad's legacy. But I never doubted it. Is that normal?"

      "Robert," you say turning to face him, "so many university students would love for that to be the case. So many students are majoring in something they don't like because they don't know what they want to do. Your lucky.

      "But I've never wanted to do something else. Never wanted to be a firefighter or I don't know an accountant." You laugh.

      "An accountant?" You say laughing again.

      "I don't know." He says giving you a mock glare. 

      "That's great Robert. It shows just how passionate about wildlife you are." 

      "Thanks Y/N. Really it means a lot to me." He says, wrapping his arm around you. He pulls you close. You lean in and stare up at the stars. Twinkling and shiny. So perfect and beautiful. "Y/N look!" Robert says pointing to the sky. "A shooting star!"

      "Make a wish!" You laugh. But you do make a wish. You wish that this night never ends. 

      "What did you wish for?" Robert said, inching closer and closer.

      "What did you wish for?" You ask. His face is inches from yours. You close your eyes. 

      "We're home!" You here Bindi say from the front of the house. You quickly pull away before your lips could make contact. 

      "Hi Bindi and Chandler!" You call. You get up and walk into the house. "How was your date?" 

      "It was fantastic love. We just wanted to stop by and check on you before we go home. Do you want a ride?" Bindi asks petting Stella.

      "Yeah I should probably get going. Thanks Robert. It was really fun." You say giving Robert an awkward wave. I don't want to go but Bindi and Chandler ruined our moment. Best to leave then to stay and make it more awkward. 

      "Thanks for coming Y/N." Robert says sadly. 

      "Thanks for having me. I'll text you." You and the couple leave without another word and Bindi drops you off at home. 

      Your parents and siblings are asleep when you get home so you remove your makeup, change into comfortable clothes and go to bed. When you wake up it's 8:21 and you have a text from Robert. 

Hey I had fun last night Y/N! We should do it again sometime 😉

      You messaged him back that you would be happy to do it again. You sigh happily and lay on your bean bag. If only Bindi and Chandler hadn't interrupted you and Robert. 

A/N: sorry the chapter is shorter than I would like. Sorry you and Robert didn't kiss. Life is unfair. I know I haven't updated this story since July. I'm sorry! I'll try to get another one done for next week but I don't know- that weird girl on the internet who had a huge crush on Robert Irwin for two years and now doesn't but feels bad because her fanfic has fans that want her to update but it's hard because she hasn't written it in so long and doesn't like Robert anymore 

Word count: 1,031