0.4

T V E R russia

T V E R
russia

ATHENA

THE SUN was just sinking behind the trees when we found ourselves outside of the Hydra base. Hidden behind the thick lumber, I peered around the edge to watch the timed lights flicker on. A few Nazi terrorists were lingering outside the gates but it wasn't enough to worry me.

A ghosting impression on the small of my back disrupted my thought process and I watched Lukas look through the scope of his rifle.

"Three men. Southwest exit. Looks like the building is only one floor above ground. Seems like a shipping facility; almost." Lukas said.

"We split into two teams." I said, looking between everyone. "Viktoria and Lukas, take the north exit. Felix and Nina, take the west."

"And you?" Felix asked me.

I nodded my head towards the southwest exit. "I'm going to skip in here and find the date base. You guys get to the science lab."

"Athena-."

I gave Lukas a look. "No. This is the plan. I will slip in undetected. You guys will be more of a distraction in the north end. I'll get to the data base and wipe their hard drives and everything else I can find. Make sure there aren't any extra copies of the blueprints."

It was silent after that for a second before Nina spoke. "Get in and out. That's the plan."

We broke apart after that as everyone began to take part of the plan. My arm was grabbed roughly and pulled back, and then lips pressed themselves onto mine.

"Don't do anything stupid, liebling." Lukas told me.

I breathed against his lips and nodded slowly. "Take your own advice."

Then Lukas was gone, silently walking through the Russian woods with Viktoria. Nina and Felix were gone as well.

I stood alone in the woods and breathed a sigh of relief. I always worked better alone. If I had been alone this morning the engineer would still be alive; I knew that with my entire being.

It only took me five seconds to kill the agents by the door. My silenced rifle took them out before they could even process what was happening. Then it took another thirty seconds before I crossed the field and walked into the building.

My eyes were peeled down the hallway and I kept my gun raised. It was silent, but not too silent. It seemed normal.

My feet were silent against the floors and I moved quickly. I felt steady; in control. I knew that with my own self, my own thoughts and actions, that nothing could go wrong.