1.1

V I E N N A austria

V I E N N A
austria

ATHENA

AT NOON, I was sitting at a table in one of the offices in the recovery wing. I was the first one here. My eyes were locked on the large windows looking out into the city of Vienna.

It was pouring. It looked like it was cold outside.

The door to the room opened and two guards escorted James into the room. His hands were cuffed behind his back.

"Really?" I asked, annoyed.

"Director Lackner ordered it." The guard said. He uncuffed James' hands and then cuffed him to the table. Then the two left.

"I am sorry about them."

"I understand." James said.

Just before I could tell him he looked much out together now that he had showered, the doors opened again and my mother walked in with several other Sun agents. Lukas was among them.

He sent me a goofy smile before he sat down. I watched as he began to input information on the tablet in front of him.

I looked at James. He was watching everyone.

"James Barnes. Age. Ninety two. Birthplace. Brooklyn, New York, the United States." My mother said. "Let's begin. How did you begin to work with Hydra?"

James looked at me for a second. Then at my mother. "I don't remember."

I glanced at the woman beside me. My mom nodded slowly. It looked like she understood. "Do you remember the Second World War?"

"Did we win?"

"Yes." My mother said. "Do you remember before the war?"

"I think I was... I think that I was drafted." James said.

Lukas typing away on the keyboard. He was the note taker.

"Do you remember anything about what happened to you? Your file states that a drug was administrated into your system after you were abducted. Do you remember anything about that?"

James shook his head. Lukas typed.

"What about where you were held?" My mother asked. I looked at her. Any normal person would probably be getting annoyed. But my mother wasn't. And I don't think it was because of James' lack of answers, I think it was because it was very obvious he couldn't give any.