Wattpad Original
There are 13 more free parts

Four - "This Guy Is Bat Shit Crazy!"

The next week, as if nothing had happened, Daniel Kerrington brought another girl to the restaurant.

She looked quite different from the others he had brought here. Sure, she had the typical look: brown hair, blue eyes, tall and leggy. But there was something about her that felt different than the rest. She looked anxious. Inexperienced. She brushed her hair nervously like it was the only thing that was keeping her from falling apart at the seams. Her face was kind, she broke a small smile at me when they were waiting to be seated. I could tell that she was excited about her "date", seeing as how her eyes sparkled whenever she looked at him.

Her dress was elegant; an off-shoulder champagne dress. It made her look simple and beautiful, and it did not show much skin, like the others usually did. She also wore a pair of black kitten heels, but from the way she walked, it seemed like she did not have much experience wearing them.

When Daniel and the girl were seated, I took their orders. Daniel did not once look my way when he ordered his usual. His gaze was fixated on his date. The way his eyes skimmed over her with such intensity and lust made the girl blush.

I did not think the girl knew what she was getting into. I recalled the way her date had treated the redhead last week, and anger crawled into me. Even though I did not know the girl, I certainly did not want her to end up like the redhead, or the previous girls he had been with. She did not need this in her life.

Perhaps I should warn her about Daniel. I didn't know how, but I knew I should. I didn't want him to take advantage of her. Maybe if I told her what he was going to do to her after dinner, she would reconsider about her 'date' with him.

I didn't know. But it was worth a shot.

I glanced at them from afar as I served the customers their meals. As usual, Daniel let the girl talk. She chattered excitedly with him, telling him about her family and friends. He listened patiently, but his attention was elsewhere. His eyes locked on the part of her dress that cupped her breasts. At one point, he licked his lips, probably thinking about what he was going to do to them afterwards.

"I can't take it anymore," I murmured to Marianne in the kitchen. "I think I need to tell her."

She raised her eyebrows. "No, you don't."

"Why not?"

"Don't stick your nose to where it doesn't belong, Alex." She mumbled as she placed a customer's order. "I may have gossiped about Mr. Kerrington and his ladies, but there are certain limits we cannot cross."

Oh jeez.

"Does nobody have any care in the world for what's going to happen to her tomorrow morning?" I shot back. "The least I can do is warn her."

She just sighed. "I don't know, Alex... you might get into trouble."

My lip quivered. Perhaps... it might be worth it. I knew if it were me in that poor girl's shoes, I would want someone to warn me about potentially getting my heart broken. I needed to tell the girl, and if she brushed it off and still went home with him, at least I knew I tried my best and did my part.

Plus, it wasn't as if I was going to lose anything just by speaking to her.

I glanced at their table again and noticed that the girl was about to leave for the washroom. She grabbed her purse and casted Daniel a warm smile before standing up and walking across the restaurant.

There's my opening, I thought to myself.

After wiping my hands on the white apron tied to my skirt, I slowly approached her. Just as she was about to enter the washroom, I stopped her. She looked at me with confusion.