Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

Twelve - "Rules."

I want to live here forever.

If Daniel ever hears me say that out loud, I'll never hear the end of it.

Waking up the next morning in my room, I feel a giddy sensation blanket me. My eyes scan over my surroundings as if I can't get enough of them.

My new room is extremely spacious, painted in lavender. It's creepy how Mr. Kerrington knows what my favourite colour is, but I figure at this point, I don't really care.

The furnishings are soft yet firm, a small vintage couch is situated next to the tall window draped with beautiful velvet curtains. Five white bookshelves have been installed to the wall opposite from my huge four poster bed so I can admire all my books and little ornaments I plan to place on them.

Next to it is a dressing table coiled with mini decorative lights. I have already lined all my lipsticks and hair bands on the little compartments that go along with the table. A huge crystal chandelier hangs from above the ceiling, casting a warm glow to the entire place, along with the mild scent of jasmine that fills the air.

I love that for me.

Laying on the soft satin sheets of the bed, I watch as light pours through the window, signalling a new day. Sighing against the pillows, I wrap myself in the daydream that is my new bedroom. This place looks much better than my tiny room back at Cara's apartment.

My face immediately falls.

Cara.

She's still mad at me for ditching her. How can I ever forget? I still remember how hurt she looked when she found out I was moving out yesterday.

Suddenly the daydream that is my bedroom doesn't really feel like a daydream anymore.

I should probably apologise. It will be best for the both of us if we can put all this behind us.

Huh. I realise I've been doing a hell lot of apologising these few days.

With trembling fingers, I pick up my phone and dial her number. I have a feeling she won't pick up. She rarely picks up her phone in the mornings. It's a weird habit of hers.

"What?" Cara answers the phone after the second ring.

"Um..." My voice trails off. Okay, I am so not prepared for this conversation. Cara's pissed at me, and I don't want to mess with her when she's angry. One wrong move, and I'm dead. "Well... I didn't expect you to pick up the phone at all."

"Do you want me to hang up so you can talk to the answering machine instead?" Her bored tone seeps over the phone.

"No!" I say that with more edge than usual. "I mean, no, but you know what I mean."

Then, a pause.

"What do you want, Alex?" She murmurs, her tightness in her tone slowly fading away.

"I called to apologise," I purse my lips as I sit at the edge of my already made bed. Talking to Cara has never been this hard before "I um.. just want to say I'm sorry. I didn't know I was supposed to move out until yesterday. I'm sorry that I needed to leave you."

Silence.

"I didn't have a choice, Cara," I add on, "I signed the contract. I have to follow the terms. And so I have to move in with Daniel."

I don't know how she'll respond. If she's angry at me, let her be. I guess I deserve to be yelled at.

"I don't understand you, Alex. I get that you have to do it, and I get that it wasn't your fault.." But then she continues on. "I mean, technically it is a little bit because you signed the stupid contract which until now, I still don't get why you did it—"