Chapter 1~

𝑺𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝑨𝑼~
𝑫𝒂𝒓𝒌 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔,
𝑴𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒍 𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒔

𝙱𝚗𝚑𝚊 𝚌𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛~
𝙹𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚎𝚛𝚎, 𝚀𝚞𝚒𝚛𝚔:
𝙰𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚢𝚜𝚒𝚜, 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚋𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚒𝚗𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚟𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚖 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚋𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚙𝚑𝚢𝚜𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚕 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎. 𝙷𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚍𝚟𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚎, 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚋𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚛𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜 𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚢𝚜𝚎𝚍, 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚌𝚎𝚛𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎.

𝙼𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚎𝚕 𝙼𝚎𝚕𝚕, 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚛𝚔:
𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚛, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚛𝚔 𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚞𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚌 𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚊 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚌𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚎𝚕𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚑𝚒𝚖𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜. 𝙰𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚜, 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚙𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚌𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍.

𝚁𝚒𝚌𝚑 𝙶𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚔𝚒, 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚛𝚔: 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚙𝚞𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗, 𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚌𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚞𝚎 𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚜𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚗𝚘𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜. 𝚄𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚟𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚖'𝚜 𝚘𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

He sighed, his brunette hair sprawled over his pillow, sunlight pouring through the blinds, casting small spotlights over the teen's room. Unworn clothes hung over his desk chair, open books lay over his desk, needing to be studied from. Not like he was going to, but it persuaded his father somehow.
In reality however, the boy hadn't left his bed, or his room since Friday night where he returned from unpacking.
His eyes were open, dark bags beneath them, standing out amongst his milky skin.

A knock at his door caused him to sigh, not leaving his gaze from the wall, as the door creaked open, his father peering into the room.
"Jeremy..?"
His voice was gruff, but gave him some sort of a relaxing feeling whenever he heard it, the older Male walked over to his bedside, taking a seat. The bed creaking under the weight, slumping to the side as he sat, a reassuring hand being placed on Jeremy's shoulder.

"Son..? Please talk to me, you haven't left your room for three days, I'm worried."
He shifted, turning to face him, his gaze downcast and droopy, his eyebags standing out. His father sighing deeply at the sight,
"Jeremy what happened?"
His voice was full of concern as the brunette pushed himself up, making sure their gaze didn't meet.
"I.."
His tongue caught in his throat as he shook his head, running a hand through his messy hair.
"I'm just tired.. I've stayed up studying, and I'm exhausted."