Chapter 1 - Picture

Dipper walked through the hall of Gleeful Manor. He could see small traces of black demon's blood in the carpet. He could hear Will crying in the library down the hall, because Dipper's sister, Mabel, had just beaten him. It was a pathetic sound, really. "That's what he is. Pathetic." Dipper told himself. Pathetic. Then on the ground, Dipper saw a seemingly blank piece of paper. He looked to make sure he was alone, and then picked up the paper and turned it over. When he turned it over, he realized it was not a paper, but a picture of a woman. She looked like she could not have been older than thirty-two, and she had long raven-colored curls that reached down to her waist. She was wearing an amethyst colored sweater and black pants. She was smiling in the picture, and the bags under her eyes suggested she didn't sleep well. Her skin was nearly the color of porcelain. She was very beautiful, stunning even, but that's not why Dipper couldn't stop staring. It was her eyes. They were purple, the same color as her sweater, and her pupils were ovals, just like Will's. Dipper had so many thoughts running through his head. Who was this woman? Why did she look so much like Will? When was this picture taken? Who did this photo belong to? How did it get here? He heard footsteps coming down the hall, likely belonging to one of his great uncles. He pocketed the photo and ran off to his room. He didn't want to share this with anyone. "Not here. Not now."

In his room, he studied the photo closely for nearly an hour. It didn't look photoshopped, it looked clear as day. The background was a beautiful galaxy blue, and it looked real. He realized that there was only one person who may know anything about this. Will. He hated talking to Will about anything that he didn't need to and not to punish him. But he knew that if he didn't get answers, he was gonna go over the bend(well, more). Dipper crept out of his room, holding the photo, making sure none of his family was around. He walked down to the library where he knew Will was. He wasn't crying anymore, but he knew he was there. Dipper didn't go in the library often, so he wasn't entirely sure of the layout. He searched the library for about a minute. He saw Will sitting on the floor there, his blue eyes focused on...seemingly nothing. He was just...staring. Will looked up from whatever he was looking at, and looked at Dipper. "Master?" Will said, fear and slight confusion in his voice. Dipper sat down on the floor next to Will. "Will, what can you tell me about the woman in picture?" he said, handing Will the photo. The color drained from Will's face. He looked at the photo, then looked away. He looked hesitant, almost nervous. "Will, tell me.'' Dipper said, getting angry. Will looked down, and then finally spoke.

"It's...my mother."