Chapter 4 - Mira on the wall

Mira stared for a moment, but then her expression softened. "Oh, master. I know how you feel. In fact, that's what landed me here." she said, looking sad. 

"I had a...love affair with my female best friend. It was Victorian times, and I was already in an, admittedly loveless, marriage. One night her mother caught us in the act. She was a witch, and she cursed us both. She trapped me in her mirror, doomed to spend my days stroking her ego, and she trapped my lover in a painting, so she could forever admire her daughter. Now I reside here. Alone."  she said. She looked like she was ready to cry. "My grunkles would probably do something like that to me." he said, looking sorrowful. Mira rubbed Dipper's reflection's back(which he didn't feel, but still appreciated), and said "why don't you try reading that magic journal and lay down. Clear your head." Dipper got up from the mirror and sat on his bed. He only read for about two minutes before he figured out what he needed to do. 

He got up, walked out of his room, and started to walk to the library. He passed his great uncle Stan in the hall. He slowed down a bit, hoping Stan would lose sight of where he was going and not question why. He was right and Stan barely paid attention to him. He entered the library, where he could hear Will softly sobbing. By the time he found the demon, he wasn't audibly crying anymore, but he was still bandaging his wounds. He didn't notice Dipper sitting next to him until he helped him with a bandage. He looked up, his expression like a deer caught in headlights. "Will, I was wondering...could you tell me one of those stories again?" Dipper said, unsure of his own words. "O-Okay, Master." Will said, more than a little confused. Will told Mason a few fairy tales(with a lot of murders between them), and Dipper felt as entranced as he had the night before. Will was an energetic storyteller and described each story in great detail. It was nearly midnight before Dipper got up to leave. Before he turned the corner of the book shelf, he looked back and saw that Will had fallen asleep on the library floor. Dipper smiled to himself and walked out of the library quietly, as to not wake anyone, especially the demon. 

He crept back to his room and plopped down on his bed. He could hear Mira snoozing in the Mirror and if he listened closely, he could hear many other things he had never paid attention to before. The wind, the rustlings of the trees, the sound of small movements. Dipper fell fast asleep listening to all this, though the day had felt like the world's best dream already.