Twenty Five

A/N: HI HI HI itsa mee, Cuppie! I'm back (kinda) but also reaaallllyyyyy unsure how often I can be updating because I really do want to write more of Flight School so as usual, I'll inform/update you Beans on Instagram (hisangelchip) three or four days before I update! Plus sneak peeks for you to peek for sneaks. 

Enjoy the chapter! I've served it in Leroy's POV, so. HEHE.

==================

[Leroy]

His pen was in my pocket and the idea of seeing him again after parting for five minutes was tempting. I'd felt it only after running into Raul at the nutrition building, where we had to scan our passes to head in and I'd reached into the pocket of my pants.

I was thinking about this; how far he'd gone and if catching him at lunch was the better idea, stuff like that, while Raul pointed out a couple of other people and waved them over. Then it was something about AB, which was apparently first period. So that gave me more reason to go after him to return his pen and let myself be late for class.

Raul was nice. He'd asked if I needed him to save me a seat when he saw me glancing down the other hallway to the main building. I told him that I'd just fill in anything else that was free and he said I was going to end up with one up front. I snorted because he had a point.

But I turned and started down the way we came anyway, taking a left for the shortcut to the first-year lockers. It wasn't hard to spot him; just, surprising since he had barely five minutes till the bell and he was talking to someone. I could tell from the way he had his back turned my way, and from the silhouette of someone else he was facing. He was the kind of person who would arrive and be seated fifteen minutes before the start of class. This was off.

I neared them and because whoever he was talking to had their face turned my way, I could see who they were. Chen spotted me first. He was looking away by the time I registered who he was and, deliberate or not, continued the conversation with a smile that was dangerous.

I wasn't too happy about that, but it wasn't like a rule or anything to not speak to anyone else. That would be messed up. I mean, I get where they're coming from, but—okay he's moving closer.

They were closing the distance between them like there was some secret to share, ten feet in front of me, and I felt an odd snapping of something inside. Chen was staring at his face and I followed the signs, checking his ears and noticing that he'd removed his glasses for some reason.

The next thing I did wasn't exactly an idea; or a planned sequence or anything like that. It was instinct and it came without reason. I was right up behind him without knowing I was, with a hand over his eyes and feeling the tickle, the brushing of his lashes against my fingers as he blinked.

He had been saying something to Chen whilst wiping his glasses and froze the moment he felt my touch. But as quickly as he'd reacted to that, his shoulders relaxed after a second and he seemed to ease into my hand.

"I can tell it's you, Leroy."

Just that would have been enough to surprise me (apart from the other, uh, more illegal things that it did) but he had to go on and explain how he knew this—something he always did, anyway—and fuck me over. It was very cute.