Yesterday I saw a Lion Kiss a Deer

A/N: For narrative purposes, all characters are to be imagined in their non-human, animal states. Meaning, they are basically telepathic animals and the author clearly doesn't know how she got to this point of her writing career but she did. That said, she's also written many other ridiculous things like talking burbs and islands in the sky and volleyball jock falling in love with strawberry boi. Hehe. 

Anyway, I tried to make their behaviour as believable as I could, as far as animals go, but at the same time, because emotions and thoughts are highly attuned to their canon, human selves, there will be moments whereby they are so obviously not being animals :'D This will be split into two parts, so the next update of this will be up on the coming Wednesday (Not Thursday)! ^0^/ And the main plot will resume on Sunday instead.

For your reference, here's what a juvenile fallow deer looks like:

Here's what a juvenile lion looks like:

Enjoy this one. I like how I'm so familiar with writing about predators and prey. MY BURBS HAVE TRAINED ME WELL.

=============

Bored juvenile lion Leroy Cox had left his birth pride nearly six months ago with equally young and foolish friend Raul Dalto, whom he had formed a coalition with before starting on their journey to greatness. The pair and a few other juveniles who'd joined them along the way were currently rogues in an open grassland they knew not the name of, skirting the territory of another lion pride, which the two males had set their eyes on to challenge and hopefully defeat once they were slightly older and strong enough to claim the grassland territory.

Truthfully speaking, the lion did not consider his current situation to be in any way unfavourable or disappointing. At the very least, he wasn't a lone rogue struggling to obtain the sustenance he required. He'd always been a step ahead in every juvenile hunt and most adult lions from his birth pride, including his biological father, had acknowledged and placed their faith in him becoming a future alpha lion.