Thirty-Six

I'm sorry. So many things happened and I really wish I could take it all back. But you deserve the truth and I deserve whatever may come.

When my father failed to get the prophecy for the Dark Lord, that summer everything change. And as punishment for my fathers failure I became a death eater, so he marked me. Believe me it wasn't pleasant. I could still feel it burning, the pain that screamed through my skin. But if I didn't do it, he would've killed my mother and me for my father's behavior. On top of this punishment he assigned me an almost impossible task.

I knew things were going to go bad after everything that happened in the Department of Mysteries  which is why I acted the way I did to you. Why I didn't want you back in my life at first, it was to keep you safe from the crossfires. But I became so scared and overwhelmed I don't think I have the heart to do what needs to be done. To kill Dumbledore. By the time you read this the task would be done. And if I did finish the task please... do everyhting to stay away from snatchers, death eaters... and stay away from me.

I love you, and because I love you I don't want to see you get hurt. He's going to come after you. He'll become desperate to get to Harry, he'll find the quicker way which is through you. So I beg  of you stay hidden. 

But Harry was right. I am now one of them. I cursed Katie to give Dumbeldore the cursed necklace. I was the one who switch Slughorn's bottole with a bottle laced with posion to give it to Dumbledore. I am the one who is letting the death eaters into Hogwarts. I've been mending the vanishing cabient in the room of requirement for the Dark lords task. The cabinet has a twin sister in Burgorins and Burkes, they form a passage and that's how I am getting them inside. That's what kept me up for hours, skipping classes, lack of sleep. I couldn't let you get in the way where you could possibly be hurt when they do come. Bellatrix almost killed you, she would've been happy to do it again. So I found a hidden room, that's where you'll be when the time comes.

Hate me. Loathe me if you wish. I am a monster. But I'm also scared and fearful of what's to come. I've known what my family was in in the dark days. And my mother stands alidly beside my family's name as we become the monsters everyone knows us to be. The only things that keeps my mind at bay is that you are safe, for now. Even if I have to hide the fact that I am in love with you from the Dark Lord himself.

I love you. I'll always love you. Even if my parents would loathe me for loving you, I wouldn't care. You're the light in my dark world. If we do met and I'm cruel you have to know I'll love you still. I don't think there's ever going to be a part of me that can not love you. You've changed me completely, and if in another life things weren't like this. Where there was no war. I would've gladly threw my family tradition out for you. If my parents disowned me then so be it. At least I'd have you. And that's what I always wanted.

Please be safe.

And I'm sorry.

--Draco

I look out at the lake after finishing reading the letter. Dumbledore's funeral was in two days. Everyone was mourning, owls were in a week. So were Newts.

I heard someone walking over and then sitting next to me.

"You alirght?"

"Fine." I answered blankly.

"He didn't do it." I heard Harry speak. "Draco. He was lowering his wand before they came in. In the end it was Snape who killed Dumbledore."

I look down at the letter then handed it over to my brother. Harry took it and read it.