Chapter 11

We had spent two whole days together. Two days that I wanted to hold on to forever. It killed me watching Luca get up and start to get dressed and ready to leave. I sat up in the bed and felt the tears form in my eyes. He knelt in front of me putting his hand to my face.

"Everything will be just fine I promise." I nodded my head and got up grabbing my dress.

I carried my shoes in my one hand and held his hand in the other as we sat in the car. My fabulous weekend was going to turn to a nightmare when I left this car.

As soon as we got home I had walked in and ran to my room. I got a shower and got changed into a t-shirt and shorts. I went down to the kitchen and found Layla outside at the pool with some friends.

I watched as my father and Luca came out of the office together. Luca looked to me and in his eyes I could see pain. He followed my father outside and he went to Layla.

I watched as Luca got down in front of Layla making me catch my breath.

I watched as he pulled out a box. I felt a tear fall from my eye.

He opened the box and she covered her mouth as tears slipped from her eyes. Just like the ones that had slipped from mine. She nodded her head yes and I took steps from the window. I saw Luca look to me as he got up hugging Layla. He looked hurt but knew what he had to do. That's why he wanted us to have this weekend. The bastard knew he was going to do this. I turned and ran up to my room.

I grabbed my phone and called Chris.

"You calling to tell me all the juice details of your weekend with Mr.Hottie?"

I let a sob out as I shook my head though he couldn't see it.

"Oh my god what's wrong." I told him everything. I told him about our time together and how he had done it because he knew he had to give Layla the ring.

"That bastard." Chris seethed. "Once I get-"

"No Chris. There's nothing to do. I'm done." It was true. I was done. Done living the lie that maybe he would come to me. That all of this wouldn't be true.

"Listen I got to go. I'll talk to you later."

"I want you to text me every hour."

I laughed "ok. Goodbye."

I hung up the phone and went to my bed falling to it. Why did I let myself fall for him.