the ride

Venus's pov

As the man drove along the twisted highway, I watched him carefully. Something about him was really unsettling and sent a shiver down my spine electricity through a cord. I wished James had sat back here with me.

I snapped back into reality as I heard my name being called, "Venus." James said in an irritated tone. I whipped my head around and looked at James to see him looking straight into my eyes.

"What." I say with a frown on my face.

"He was talking to you." James said, pointing towards the man in the drivers seat.

"Yes love, I was asking what part of Canada you were from?" He asks in a sugarcoated tone.

"Don't call me love." I snap back at him.

"Feisty aren't we?" He responded with. Ew. Who did he think he was? He smiled at me sweetly. His smile made my stomach twist into a knot, it was like too much candy late on a Halloween night. Disgusting.

I shuffled around in my seat in an uncomfortable manor, hoping he would just stop talking to me. The man turned back to James "I'm guessing she isn't to bright, being a woman and all." He said, just loud enough for me to hear.

That was it. Anger and disgust boiled inside of me and was begging to come out. "Sir." I say sweetly, but you could tell I was angry. "If you have any more rude or sexist comments, I would refrain from using them if I were you." I smirked, seeing a slight look of concern in the mans eyes.

"Sorry love, didn't mean to be so rude." He said, keeping his cool.

I wanted to yell at him again for calling me love, but I wouldn't. For James's sake, I could see pure terror and embarrassment burning in his eyes.

James's pov

The man continued to cheerfully tap on his steering wheel. And whistling along to the quiet buzz of the radio.

I noticed a bunch of cameo and pictures of dogs. "You in the military?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"Yep. Five years." He stated. The man pointed to a picture on the dashboard of a smallish black dog. "I'm about to pick up this one. Got a fight coming up, she's sure to win." He said with a sickly smile.

"Dog fights?" I asked.

The man nodded his head.

The silence dragged through the car once again,though this time it seemed quieter then ever before.

"So where're you and your girlfriend headed off to?" The man asked me.

Venus scoffed at the mans comment, "he's not my boyfriend, never will be." What she said made my heart drop, if didn't know why. It's not like I cared about her. Romantically or platonically.

At least I think I didn't.

***
ooh James is getting cOnfused by his feelings & I can feel a romance budding.
(Never said it would be two sided love)
Who knows.
Make sure to vote , comment and maybe follow me 😳
Aha jk jk...
...unless?
***