the break-in

Venus's pov

James and i continued to walk down the long twisted road, until finally we reached a town. i don't really know if you would call it a town, but it was small and didn't seem to be very inhabited. we looked around the houses, (well i looked around the houses), until finally i spotted one. it was pretty big, and really red. it was a really nice house to be perfectly honest, whoever owned it must have been stacked. the house didn't seem to have any type of security though; which was perfect. mail was practically pouring out of the mailbox, which meant they hadn't been home in a while. "james." i say to him, tugging on the sleeve of his shirt.

"what." he asks, clearly tired.

"look." i say, pointing to the house to the right of the two of us. he glances up at the house, with a puzzled look on his face. i playfully hit his shoulder, "james! it's perfect!" i say with a smirk. "there's no security or anything, and look at the mail," i say pointing to the overflowing mailbox, "they clearly haven't been here in a while."

"okay." he says, not sure what to say.

"jesus fucking christ james." i say with a sigh. "let's just fucking break in, i'm tired." i mumble, grabbing his arm and pulling him towards the house. we walk down the the backyard of it so no one can watch us break in. in the back of the house there's a pool and a nice garden, the garden has one of those stupid rock-river things, the ones that old white ladies put in their backyards because the think it's 'hip' or something like that. i've always hated those to be honest, but now in this moment i love them. i walk over to the rocks and pick one up, it's about the size of my hand and in the shape of a deformed egg or something, it's a pale grey with random black spots on it. i toss the rock in the air a couple of times before walking up to the back door of the house, which is all glass. how convenient.

james watches me as i throw the rock straight into the big glass door, it makes a satisfying shattering sound as the rock hits the glass. i smirk and look back at james, who looks horrified but also exited at the same time. i can never decipher what's going on inside his head.

for all i know, he could be plotting to kill me or something!

"come on then." i say as casually as i motion for james to come with me. the two of us walk in through the broken door, my leg getting cut by a jagged shard of glass that was still protruding from the frame of the door. "ah fuck." i say under my breath.

james looks down at my leg, "you okay?" he asks, and he actually sounds genuine about it, which is a very rare occurrence when you're talking about james. or maybe i'm just not good at telling wether or not he's being truthful abou things. who knows.

"since when did you care about me?" i asked james sarcastically, he frowns ever so slightly at my remark. "i'm kidding. i'm fine." i say with a sigh, holy shit, this guy can't take a joke can he? then again, my jokes aren't even that good.

i finally look away from james and turn my gaze to the house the two of us are now standing in. "holy shit..." i say in awe, my voice trailing off. the house were standing in gorgeous. everything inside is clearly really expensive, it makes me even more happy about breaking in. maybe we could steal a few things and sell them or something. i see james begin to walk through the house. he takes small and quiet steps, almost like he's scared someone's going to hear him. i quickly follow him. after about twenty minutes, we've finished inspecting the first level of the house.

"let's go upstairs." james says with a subtle smile on his face, i can tell he's enjoying this just as much as i am.

i could really get used to this kind of lifestyle; stealing, breaking into houses, and hell, maybe we could even get away with murder! i laugh to myself at the thought. "sure." i reply. the two of us climb the carpeted steps of the house and finally reach the top. it's a lot smaller then the bottom, there's a long hallway with four doors along it, and one bigger door at the end of it. i grab james's hand and pull him along with me, we come to a stop at the first door. "what do you thinks in this one?" i ask him with a grin spread across my face. "i think it's a room filled with a bunch of birds, but they're all dead." i say jokingly. "maybe he saves them for later to eat!" i say while poking him in the shoulder.

"maybe he wears the skulls of the birds as necklaces." he says, a small smile pulling at the corners of him mouth. i can tell h that he's finally opening up to me, i like this side of him. i like it a lot. i'm begging to think i could love him. for real this time though, not me making things up in my head.

"well then, let's find out." i say, putting my hand on the brass handle of the door. i brace myself for what could be inside the door, though i don't have my hopes up.  i quickly open it, "aw... its just a bathroom..." i say with a sarcastic frown. "i'm disappointed." i say with a huff, james laughs at that. i think that's the first time i've ever heard him genuinely laugh at something before. i smile and move onto the next door, i open in without any question. it's a guest bedroom. james and i open up the next one, it's a reading room, the kind with books all over the walls and a big comfy chair in the corner. james walks over to the fourth door, and waits for me to catch up to him. he opened it up, and the two of us look inside. it looks like the master bedroom, it has i plush looking bed in the middle of the room, a bookshelf, and a desk off to the side. this is definitely where i'll sleep tonight.

"we should get to sleep," james finally says, i nod in agreement. "we can check out the rest of the house tomorrow." he adds with a smile.

"sounds great." i say back to him, just realizing how tired i actually am.

"you can take this room." he says to me, "i'll take the one down the hall."

"yeah sure." i say, with a silent sigh. i was secretly hoping he would come and sleep int he same bed as me, i didn't exactly feel the safest by myself as much as i hated to admit it. i don't mention it to james, i don't want to sound like a fucking pussy.

i walked into the bedroom and closed the door behind me, right in james's face. at this point i didn't really care about anyone's feelings, i was too tired. i flopped face first into the big plush bed. it wasn't as comfortable as i had imagined it to be but i guess it'd do for now. it's not like i had anywhere better to go right now. i snuggled up into the covers and fell asleep almost immediately.

~

i woke up to the sun shining right into my eyes, i thought i had closed the blinds. i guess i was too tired to even remember what i did last night. i heard the door to the bedroom open, i didn't turn around though. i already knew it was james. "what the hell." i heard someone say, but it wasn't james's voice.

***
uhhh
i'm so sorry that i haven't updated in a while, i've just been busy wit mental iwness tings 😔🤚 cuz i'm so fucking quirky like that!!!
anyways pls vote, comment, and follow??? aha jk... unless???
bro just fucking vote if you like your kneecaps, you get it???
anyways luv y'all 😘🖕
***