the clean up

venus's pov

i stared at the man who was now laying on the ground in front of me, encased in a pool of his own deep, ruby-red blood. the sight of it sent chills down my spine. i looked over at james, who had a single tear dripping down his cheek; though his face held no emotion.

"We have to clean this up." I say to him, not taking my eyes off the now lifeless body of the professor.

"Yeah." He says, looking up at me.

"I'm gonna go find stuff to clean up with." I say, and step over the pool of blood and out of the room.

I walked through the large house, my eyes landing on a cabinet with two white doors. I opened it up and looked around for something to clean up with, there were at least ten big tubs of bleach, which was strange. I shrugged it off and reached for a whole thing of paper towels, to pairs of plastic gloves; one for me and one for James, some spray bottle that also seemed to contain bleach, and whatever else I could fit in my arms and take up the stairs with me.

I stumbled up the stairs, and finally reached the top. Jeez, I was really out of shape. I had just broken a sweat over climbing a few flights of stairs. Now that's what I call pathetic.

I reach the room that James and... well, the dead body is in, and let everything in my arms fall out onto the bed. I look down at my white, blood soaked t-shirt and sigh. "How am I ever going to get this out..." I mumble to myself.

James reaches over and grabs a pair of rubber gloves, a sponge, and a spray bottle of bleach. I do the same, "should we clean up the blood?" I ask James, I'm really not sure what to do.

"Yeah." James says, of course. That's just abut all he ever says. 

James and I begin to work away at the pool of blood surrounding the lifeless body in front of us. I look at his face, it's pale, and almost grey. I look away almost immediately, terrified that I've now seen an actual dead body. "W- we killed someone." I said, "what if they find us James?" I say, my now blood covered hands shaking.

"They won't." James says, trying to be reassuring. I look up at him, he has the same blank expression on his face as usual. Though, his eyes look a little bit more glazed over, and I can see them frantically darting from the blood, to the body in front of us, to me.

After a while of cleaning up, we had gotten all of the blood out from the carpet.

I sighed, my hands ached from all the scrubbing. I looked down at my shirt, which had been absolutely soaked in blood. Dammit.

-🕸-

I ripped through the dead professors closet in search of a new shirt to replace my now, blood red one. After trying on a few shirts, I found a white button up that fit my well enough. Maybe James and I could find some where to get new clothes.

James and I would probably need to... change our looks after we did, well, this. After someone found out that we had murdered someone, we would have to be on the run. Even more then we are right now.

***

Sorry for the really shitty chapter, it's kind of  just a filler in guess. Plus, I haven't had any inspiration at all to write this book anymore.
I might put this book on hiatus for now??? Or I just might have to re-watch the end of the f***ing world lol.

Anyways, hope y'all had fun with whatever holiday u celebrate!!!

Also I'm really surprised that this book actually hit 1K reads!! Thank you so much to everyone who's read, voted, and commented on this book! It really means a whole lot to me!

I also have another book that I'm working on, you should go check that out! Or don't, whatever you want to do lol

Have a nice rest of ur day I guess :)