chapter 13

Tobias's POV

    Zeke and I carried Tris to the hospital and he and Shauna are getting ready to deliver our baby.  As they are gathering together their tools, Tris wakes up.  She asks me,"What happened?"  I tell her she had a contraction and the pain had overwhelmed her so she passed out.  "So I'm gonna have the baby?"  I nod and she smiles.  "If we have a girl we'll name her Natalie.  A boy we'll name Will."  I nod again in agreement the delivery begins. 

    At first it seems very easy.  And then, the sweating and screaming happen.  Zeke, Shauna, and I encourage her to keep going when the baby comes.  It is a boy.  He looks beautiful, just like his mother.  "It's a boy, Beatrice!"  I exclaim excitedly.

    Shauna takes us by surprise.  "Hold on, there's two more!"

    "What?!"  Tris and I yell.  "How come you didn't tell us we're having triplets!!!!!!"  I demand.

    Zeke grins,"You guys wanted it to be a surprise."  He says it with that innocent face and I know that facial expression.  It is NOT innocent.

    "Come on, Tris, you've been through worse." 

    "How do you know, you're not the one who has to push out three babies!!!!!!!"  The next ten minutes, the room becomes extremely loud with Tris's crying and screaming and pushing.  The next two babies are girls and we named the older one Natalie and the younger one Shaliene.  As I watched our babies being born, I thought about how I could be the father of these three little children.  Natalie, Shaliene, and Will are going to be the ten trio.  They were produced by Four and Six added together.

    And as I hold my oldest child, Will in my arms, I realize that I will not turn into the father that I grew up with because we now have innocent babies and I know I will never be able to bring myself to hurt these children or their mother.  I look at Tris and our two girls, Natalie and Shaliene, she is holding.  She smiles at me and I see the eyes that were looking up at me before.  Will has inherited her beautiful eyes and the girls' eyes are dark blue like mine.  Will and Shaliene have blonde hair and Natalie has dark brown hair.  They are so beautiful I am glad their last name is Eaton.