How to get more reads

Post regularly. You need to make sure that your reader base won't give up on the book, and when readers see that you haven't updated for ages, they will exit the book or leave it for another. If you can't post regularly, try to finish the story before posting it.

Proofread. Bad grammar, punctuation and chunky paragraphs are seriously off-putting. I see books with terrible writing and I just leave, even though the plot might be good. Avoid making this mistake by editing, using Grammarly, or getting another writer to help you!

Use a good cover. Wattpad researchers found that stories with attractive covers get 20x more reads than stories without one. Use Over, Canva or Desynger for a cover, or ask me to make covers (DM me on my Instagram @writerthreads). Stay away from Google Drawings!!

Book cover dimensions are 256x400 pixels, but up the ratio and do 512x800 to get a less pixelated image if you want to upload it elsewhere.

Not in original post: Have a good story description. Stories with descriptions get 100x more reads than ones without. Write a blurb with a hook that will make readers want to read on.

This is a cheat that isn't exactly moral, but you can go to read for read/vote for vote books. PM writers to v4v/r4r, and they'll usually agree. USUALLY.

Choose the right hashtags! Keep it in the limit, and make sure the hashtags are widely-used, relevant (and some might even say trendy)

It takes time to get a bigger audience! Make sure you have good writing, a decent cover and a good blurb, and I'm sure you'll rack up the reads in no time!

Good luck, and keep writing! That's it for this thread. Oh and don't forget to vote before you go!