Story endings

The circle ending
Repeating a phrase or echoing an idea at the end of a piece of writing after using it in the beginning. To wrap up a story, try repeating a phrase or idea that brings the reader back to an idea at the beginning of a piece.

The moral ending
An ending where you learn a lesson see the character(s) develop.The moral may be left to the audience to determine for themselves or may be explicitly expressed.

The surprise ending
A big, last-minute plot twist that makes the reader go "Why didn't I see that coming?"This is usually for books in a series, where surprises are incorporated so readers will read on to know what happens next.

The reflection ending
The character(s) look back on their past achievements and experiences gained throughout the story. It can be done through dialogue or a monologue in 1st person, although there are more creative ways.

The cliffhanger ending
Similar to the surprise ending except that a hook is used.

Image ending
Show but don't tell. Let's say your character is angry at the end of the story. Don't say that they're mad, show it. Maybe describe them shaking as their cheeks flush. If they're tired after a busy day, show them slumping their shoulders, I don't care.

Dialogue ending
End with striking or humorous dialogue that concludes the story.   It can be used in a circular ending, or it can be something light and humorous like "who wants some chips?" after an intense scene before. This ending might seem weak, so use it carefully!

Descriptive ending
Describe something happening that will make the readers feel some sort of emotion. You can do anything, just... think about not having the characters walk into a sunset, that's just plain boring.

INSTAGRAM: WRITERTHREADS
TWITTER: WRITERTHREADS
Please vote, comment, and have a great day!