5 secrets to writing better stories

(originally by Joe Bunting)

Develop your protagonist
If you don't have a well written protagonist, you won't have a good story. They HAVE to make decisions. They have to make a bad decision, then come to a crisis point and decide to get themselves out of the mess.
Don't forget to have an antagonist too!

Create some suspense and drama
Put your protagonist's fate in doubt to keep your readers on their toes. The best stories are the ones where the readers doesn't know if the protagonist will get a happy ending or not. To do this well, don't over-share information!

Show, don't tell
I probably have talked about this before, but seriously, don't do this. When something interesting happens, don't tell us that, show us! Leave telling to the boring parts of the story.

Write good dialogue
Good dialogue comes from intimate knowledge of your characters. Each character must have a unique voice- just listen to how your friends and peers talk, and what phrases do they use a lot.

Defeat writer's block
The most important thing about writer's block is that IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN IF YOU TELL YOURSELF TO STOP BLAMING YOUR LACK OF PROGRESS ON "THE BLOCK". JUST KEEP WRITING, NO MATTER HOW BAD IT MIGHT BE. Thank you.

INSTAGRAM: WRITERTHREADS
TWITTER: WRITERTHREADS
Please vote, comment, and have a great day!