P. Parker || MCU

Stark's Daughter

WARNINGS: she/her pronouns, cursing

WORD COUNT: 1538

The first time Peter Parker noticed her was when she was aimlessly wondering around the hallways, holding a slightly crumbled piece of paper in her left hand. It was obvious that Peter had trouble talking to girls, he's always been that way. But when he looked at her, a sudden wave of confidence washed over him as he found himself striding towards her.

"I don't mean to bother you, but you seem a little lost," Peter said smoothly. He was honestly surprised that he wasn't stammering and tripping over his own two feet. The girl looked up at him with a beaming smile that made his heart melt. "That obvious, huh?" She chuckled at herself before reaching out her hand and offering the piece of paper to Peter.

"I don't know where room 246 is. Can you help?" Peter couldn't help but notice the light red tint that found its way onto her cheeks. Peter gently took the paper out of her hand to examine what class she was supposed to be in.

"You're on the wrong side of the school," Peter finally admitted, reaching the paper back to her. She let out a sigh of annoyance. "I've been up and down these halls at least twice, could you please show me?" She had a glint of hope and embarrassment in her eyes. 

Peter grinned, "Yeah, I would love to." Beside the fact that he was supposed to be returning to his own class, he figured the principle would let him off the hook if the new girl had anything to do with it.  "Thank you so much," the girl felt relief wash over her.

"You know, you look really familiar. Have we met before?" Peter broke the silence as they walked down the hallway. The girl looked up at him with an unsure smile. "No, I doubt we have. I just moved here from Kansas," she told him. Peter nodded his head, thinking if there had been any time he was in Kansas, but came up with nothing.

They arrived at room 246 just a few short minutes later. Before the girl went into the door, she turned to look at Peter. "Thank you, a lot. I would still be wondering around like an idiot if you didn't come and save me," she laughed out and Peter found himself smiling again.

She went to turn into the classroom before turning back around to face Peter. "I'm Y/N, by the way," she said. As soon as they were about to part ways, she remembered where her manners were. 'Y/N, that's a perfect name,' Peter thought to himself.

"I'm Peter."

***

Peter Parker could not get the girl out of his head. Instead of taking notes for his chemistry class, he was caught up about thinking of her. He knew that he had saw her somewhere. But no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't remember. And to say the least, it was starting to bother him.

He jumped when the bell rang, signalling that it was the end of the day. He shoved his notebook and pencil into his backpack and slung it over his shoulder before rushing out of the classroom.

He was hoping that in the sea of people, he would bump into her. He just wanted one more glimpse at her beautiful face. But she was no where to be found. So he gave up and ran to catch the bus.