S. Rogers || MCU

Seargeant America

WARNINGS: she/her pronouns, slight violence, cursing

WORD COUNT: 800

You kicked open your bedroom door and threw your gear on the ground before flopping on your bed. This was the fifth mission that Steve had you do this week, and you were fucking tired. All you wanted to do was sleep in your own bed, in your own room.

And you thought you were going to do so.

"Y/N, Steve said to get ready. We're heading back out," Natasha stood by your bedroom door. You huffed, before sitting up. "But we just got back?" You whined, "Why can't someone else take my place?" Nat shrugged her shoulders. "Take that up with Steve, not me," she then turned around and headed back down the hallway.

You had literally just walked into your room. You groaned, hating to get up from your cozy bed, but there was no way you were going to let Steve boss you around like this. Captain or not.

You changed out of your work clothes before walking down the halls, following the way Natasha left. You were going to make Steve let you stay home, if it was the last thing you did.

You walked down the stairs, making a left and into Steve's room. "Y/N, we're leaving in an hour, why aren't you ready?" He looked at your hoodie, followed by your grey silk pajama pants. "Because I'm not going," you stood in front of him, trying to make yourself seem intimidating. He only raised an eyebrow. "Its not your call if you go or not. Its mine, and I say you are." His voice noticeably dropped a few octaves.

"Why?"

"Because I'm Captain and what I say goes."

"Fine, Sergeant."

Steve glared at you, warning you to back down from this argument. "Why are you being so stubborn? I never get this kind of behavior from you."

"I've been on five missions this week and its only Thursday. I'm tired, I need a break," you told him, frowning.

"And you think the rest of us aren't tired?"

"You're kidding, right? You and Bucky are super soldiers, Thor's a god, Sam and Tony fly everywhere, and Nat has only been out once. So no, I don't think the rest of you are tired." Your voice got louder.

"I said you're going and that's final," Steve walked closer to you, trying to come off as intimidating.

"Why can't I stay here with Bruce, or why can't Wanda take my place?"

"Y/N, don't make me tell you again."

Although you and Steve got along fairly well, he was being a pretty big dick right now. "God, you sound like my father," you rolled your eyes and turned on a heel, not in the mood to argue with him any further. You let out a loud sigh before rolling your eyes and walking out to the main room; where Nat stood.

"How'd it go?" Nat asked, with a raised eyebrow.

"I said you're going and that's final," you dropped your voice in attempt to mock Steve. You were about to say something else in regards to Steve being a dick, but you heard someone clear their throat from behind you.

"Y/N, can you come here?" Steve called from the room you were just in. Nat let out a snort, knowing that you were going to get chewed out. But you only smirked, not caring one bit, that you were on the Captain's bad side. "Of course, Cap!" You spun around, seeing Steve standing in the door frame of the room you were just in.

"You're being a brat," he said, closing the door after you walked in and sat down on the sofa.

"Yeah, and you're being a jerk," you said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"How so?" He asked, sitting down beside you. "Because you're fucking working me to death!" You shouted. Steve frowned at your choice of words.

"Fine, you can take a break," Steve started and your face immediately lit up, "after this mission." He finished. "You're literally impossible," you groaned and laid your head back, looking at the ceiling.

"This one will be quick, in and out; should only take a few hours," Steve tried to reason with you. "That's what you said about the last one and we had to call the bomb squad," you mumbled.

"Y/N, I know you're upset with me right now. But we need you on this mission. Do this and you can take as long of a break that you want," Steve tried to reason. You pondered upon it. Then nodded, finally caving in.

Although you were, in the moment, mentally & physically exhausted, you agreed to Steve's terms. You knew that once Steve said something, that's how it goes.

"Good, go get ready. We'll meet you in the Quinjet."