Chapter 3

The next day, or afternoon actually, I woke up from the house phone constantly ringing down stairs and then it was silent until I heard footsteps approach my door followed by a soft knock. 

"Carina dear, Craig said that he's coming over in a bit." My mother tells me from the other side knowing that I had to be awake by now. 

I groaned as I rolled onto my stomach and pulled the covers over my head. I decided that if I slept any longer that I would give myself a headache, so I threw my covers to the side to climb out of bed. I lazily threw my hair up in a pony tail and slipped on a thin blue sweatshirt before stepping out of my room.

My mom popped out off her bedroom, searching through her bag as she walked up to me saying, "Your aunt needs me to give her a lift since her car is in the shop. I'll be back in a hour or so." She looked up at me giving me a knowing smile, "Be good honey."

I chuckled and shook my head, "When am I not?"

She nodded as she smiled herself as she tilted my head down to kiss the top of it before murmuring, "I'll see you later then."

I nodded as we hugged before she released me to head down the stairs. I listened to the sound of her gathering her keys and other belongings as she left. Knowing Craig the way I do he wouldn't be here for awhile, so I decided to take a shower to wake myself up a bit better. Right when I was about to finish up and grab a towel I had a strange feeling that I was forgetting something. I decided not to dwell on it, it would come to me soon enough.

I had just finished fussing with my hair when the doorbell rang causing me to hurry down the stairs to see a tall silhouette through the murky patterned glass of the front door. I open it to have Craig's long arms wrap around me as he pulls me out the door a little for a tight hug.

He pecks me softly on the lips before murmuring, "Hey beautiful."

I can't resist grinning at his words as I chuckle, "Hello there."

I let him step inside before shutting the door behind us, when I turn back to him he has already found a seat on the couch. He gives me a knee weakening smile as he asks, "So how has your week been?"

I shrug as I sit down beside him, "Same as ever honestly."

He frowns slightly, "I don't know you just won't transfer over to my school instead of staying there, I know no one in my district would bother you. Hell they don't even know about that stupid fucking rumor."

I let out a soft breath, "You know why I can't do that."

"No I don't honestly, I hate knowing how they treat you there. I want you to be happy, not miserable all the time." He tells me as he puts his arms around me and places a hand to the back of my head, "I make you feel happier, right?"

I roll my eyes at him with a half smirk, "Of course you do, I wouldn't put up with you if you didn't."

He rose an eyebrow at that, "Put up with me?"

My smile grew even wider as I nodded at him.

A smirk of his own grew on Craig's face, making his hazel eyes darken a bit. His hold on me tightens just a bit as he breathed, "Let's see how well you put up with this."

Before I have time to really process his words his mouth is slotted with mine and my head is spinning, but out of nowhere I remember the thing I had forgotten. Josh and our project.

I quickly yank out of Craig's hold cursing, "Shit, how could I forget that?"

Craig's expression became confused and irritated, "What are you talking about?"

"I have to go, I forget I'm supposed to meet up with my partner for our English project today." I explain hastily as I get up and head for the stairs to retrieve our work.

"What was the point of me coming over today then?" He demanded as he followed me.

I had to fight the urge to shake my head, I hated when he got this way. "It's not like I knew."

"Oh I didn't know I needed to make arrangements to see my girlfriend."  

"No babe, you don't. Look I'll make it up to you next weekend, alright? You can have me all day, all to yourself." I say as turn to him and wrap my arms around his neck.

That idea seemed to cheer him up quite a lot as a wicked grin took over his face, oh god I don't think I even want to know what he has going on in that head of his. 

I lead him to the front door with me before giving him a lingering kiss and against him I murmur, "I'll see you later,"

Before he tells me a soft goodbye he says, "Think about what I said, alright?"

I rose an eyebrow at that, "About what?"

"Transferring to my school, so you can get the hell out of Hartman."

I nod as he squeezes my shoulders slightly before heading for his car and I begin quickly heading for the library once he's gone. I feel a strong sense of guilt when I reach the library and I spot Josh on the computer through the closest window. The bells above the door chime quietly as I step inside the building and when Josh glances in my direction smiling lightly.

"About time." He remarks with a chuckle.

I tried to suppress the need to blush, "Sorry about that, I got kind of side tracked."

I didn't want to admit that I had pretty much forgot all about this. It would make me feel and probably seem like a massive bitch. 

He shrugged and pushed out the empty chair beside him as he asked, "So what do you think of what I have so far?"

I sat down and grabbed the notebook he held out to me, he had pulled together some great ideas and I found myself giving an absent minded nod. 

"Any good?"

I moved my eyes up to his, giving him a reassuring smile, "Awesome actually."

He did a tiny little dance in his seat and I couldn't stop myself from giggling. I would of course never admit it to Craig, but this is basically why I can't even think about leaving Hartman High School. I wouldn't see Josh anymore.