Chapter 2

Y/N POV

-beacon academy-

Y/N: the view is quite nice.

The airship is flying quite high from the city, giving me a clear view of the city below. Then I heard someone yelling.

Yang: Oh, I can't believe my baby sister is going to Beacon with me! This is the best day ever!

Ruby: (gasping) Please stop.

Yang: (releasing her sister) But I'm so proud of you!

Ruby: Really Sis, it was nothing.

Yang: What do you mean? It was incredible! Everyone at Beacon is going to think you're the bee's knees.

Ruby: I don't want to be the "Bee's knees", okay? I don't want to be any kind of knees! I just want to be a normal girl with normal knees.

Yang: What's with you? Aren't you excited?

Ruby: Of course I'm excited... I just... (Sigh) I got moved ahead two years. I don't want people to think I'm special or anything.

Yang: But you are special.

I turned around to see the source of the voice and sees her...

Y/N: how...

Her hair, her eyes... I still remember it clearly, how she looked at me... A look of pity.

---flashback---

7 years old Y/N.

Third POV

-wood clearing-

Y/N was ordered to hunt for a huntress, Salem said that she's an obstacle for their goal. He managed to track her down and engaged her in one to one combat. He was expecting her to go all out but, she's holding back.

Ktaaaaang

They locked blade, trying to push each other.

Summer: Stop it!!

Y/N: ahhhhh!!!

He channels his semblance on his sword and pushes her away. Without missing the moment, he dashes towards her. She readies her katana ready to meet the charge, but there's a hesitation in her eyes.

Srraaaak

The sound of a metal slice through flesh is heard the blade pierced her stomach, Summer dropped her weapon and look at his eyes. They're void of any emotion, no regrets.

Y/N: you should have taken this battle seriously.

Summer: w-w-why are you doing this? You're just a kid..

Y/N: I was ordered to.

He pulled his blade, making her fall to her knee. She struggles to maintain her breathing, he transformed his sword to a pistol and point it at her. he looked at her watery eyes, strangely she's smiling at him.

Summer: (cough) someday you realize what you do and when you do I really hoped it's not too late.

Y/N: you think I'll do this if I have an option.

Summer: you...

His eyes begin to water, his hand is shaking.

Y/N: working for HER, is the only thing I know.

Summer: there's still a hope for you kid.

Y/N: no..., There's no hope.

He then steadies his hand and takes aim

Y/N: I'm sorry...

Baaang

---flashback end---

Y/N: no... they're different person.

He looked away and stare at the window again.

Y/N: (maybe she's right, there's hope...)

--meanwhile--

Ruby is staring at the black haired guy. She's sure he just staring at her a few seconds ago.

Ruby: huh?

Yang: what is it sis?

Ruby: n-nothing

Yang then noticed where her sister was looking, then smiles mischievously.

Yang: owh I think my little sister has a crush on someone.

Ruby's face then turned red.

Ruby: w-w-what!!?! No!! I don't even know him!

Yang: then why are you looking at him?

Ruby: I don't know, I just feel he was staring at me.

Yang: maybe it's because you are nervous sis.

Ruby: Y-Yeah, maybe.

She then take one last look at him.

Ruby: (who are you?)

The news feed is cut off as a hologram of Glynda replaces it.

Glynda: Hello, and welcome to Beacon!

Yang: Who's that?

Glynda: My name is Glynda Goodwitch.

Yang: Oh.

Glynda: You are among a privileged few who have received the honor of being selected to attend this prestigious academy! Our world is experiencing an incredible time of peace, and as future Huntsmen and Huntresses, it is your duty to uphold it. You have demonstrated the courage needed for such a task, and now it is our turn to provide you with the knowledge and the training to protect our world.

Ruby: Oh, wow! Look, you can see Signal from up here!

Ruby and other students look through the glass walls at the town below

Ruby: I guess home isn't too far after all!

Yang: Beacon's our home, now.

The two hear a passenger groaning and hunched over nearby, running to the back of the ship.

Yang: Well... I guess the view isn't for everyone.

Ruby: It was a nice moment while it lasted.

Ruby: I wonder who we're gonna meet! I just hope they're better than Vomit Boy. Oh, Yang, gross! You have puke on your shoe!

Yang: Gross, gross, gross, gross, gross, gross, gross, gross!

Ruby: Get-Get away! Get away from me! Get away from me! Get away from me! Get away from me!

As soon as the ship landed, the vomit boy them ran out of the ship and goes over to the nearest trashcan. Emptying his stomach. Y/N exit the airship, he scanned his surrounding for a moment.

Y/N: (sigh) mission start.

#well what do you think?
Feel free to leave feedback