A Question for Destiny

Disclaimer: I do not own Merlin or this song, I never have/will! All rights go to their respective owners!!!

Back again with another songfic! When I listened to this song, my brain went into 'Merlin Mode' and I started thinking up possible stories for it. When I looked at its cover, the story slapped me in the face, and I couldn't have been more excited!!! I hope you guys enjoy and have a wonderful day/night!

CHALLENGE: BEFORE YOU READ THE STORY, LISTEN TO THE SONG AND TRY TO GUESS WHAT WILL HAPPEN/WHAT'S HAPPENING DURING THE SONG AND LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS CHAPTER. I WANT TO SEE WHAT YOU GUYS WILL THINK UP, THANKS!!!! (Hint: look at the cover of the song)

Life, for Mordred, was pretty good. He was knighted, made a trusted member of King Arthur's council, and he made friends with the knights. Not to mention he was ecstatic when Arthur declared peace with the druids, his kin. He was happy, really, except...

Well, except for the fact that Emrys still distrusts him (probably hates him too).  He holds grudges against the warlock too, you know, after almost getting killed as a child because of him. Even so...he just wished he knew why. Emrys had a glowing heart of gold inside-out, yet he looked at Mordred like he was a sworn enemy in the body of a living disease. Yet, he also looked at him with such deep regret, such tired eyes.

He made up his mind. He'll do whatever it takes to learn why Emrys hates him.

"Arthur," Mordred asked tentatively when he finally got the rare chance to be alone with the king. His highness looked up at him and stopped his paperwork. "Do you know why Merlin hates me?"

Arthur was taken back. Merlin? Hating someone? Arthur didn't even know if the servent could hate. "What makes you think that, Mordred? Heck, I don't even think he hates Morgana! Rather......just feels....almost sorrowful for her, I guess. And anyone else he'll forgive in a heartbeat."

Mordred shifted uncomfortably. He didn't know how to explain it to Arthur, especially when he sees Merlin as his brother (not like the royal would ever say it out loud).

"But surely you've seen that he's...uncomfortable around me, have you not?"

Arthur leaned back in his chair and thought. Now that Mordred mentioned it...there have been times were Merlin seemed somewhat stiff and guarded when they're with Mordred at some points. Not to mention the fact that the first time they met Mordred, (A/N: As an adult at that snowy fortress, not as a kid) Merlin practically spat at him saying that he should've killed him. Keep in mind that this is the same man who cries over animals and random dragonlords.

"...Now that you mention it, there have been times when he seemed off around you." Arthur pushed the thoughts from his head and assured Mordred. "However, I'm sure there were perfectly reasonable explanations for them. Just talk to him, he'll probably apologize profusely for making you think that."

Mordred smiled and bowed, but internally sighed. Arthur, just like to Emrys' magic, is oblivious to any suspicious activity from the great warlock. 

"Thank you, your majesty. It's probably a silly thought. I'm sorry for wasting your time, sir."

Arthur simply waved it off. "Nah, you're fine Mordred. If that's all you needed, then you're free to go."

Mordred bowed once more and went to the door. Before he left, however, he stopped.