chapitre vignt-huit

"A love like this won't last forever
I know that a love like this won't last forever
But I, I don't really mind, I don't really mind at all"

~Kodaline

The lights were dimmed and the drums howled into the night. The vibrations rumbled against my skin as I felt the light whisps of wind wrap me in their hold. "It's time" I heard my Omega state in excitement. I felt him howl within me. I started at the bright full moon. It's time.

I glanced behind me when I felt something brush against my leg. There was the wolf. Bright blue eyes and dark black coat. I placed my hand on his head and scratched against the back of his ear. He purred with a deep rumble from his chest. I smiled at my Alpha, "Are you ready for this, Lou?" I asked him. He growled protectively and nosed at my hand. He licked me incessantly, scent marking what he could before tonight. I let his beast claim me the only way he could before the lightning struck the white oak tree. The lighting was a symbol from the Moon Goddess herself to start our rituals. It was what always happened when the leading Alpha was to mate.

Loud roars of the skies and the subtle pitter-patter of the rain was heard shortly after. Louis howled at the Moon, signifying he was read. I felt my feet walking away from him and towards the stand. My nerves were bubbling because even though we were mated, the Moon Goddess still had to decide if we were suitable. We would place our hands over the rock of truth-which was a moon stone, the greatest warrior of this pack would take the sacred white oak stake and slice our hands. Our blood would drip and land on the moon stone. If the moon stone turned red, we were forbidden to mate. If the stone turned blue, we were granted permission. If a mated couple were to perform this and it turn red, the Omega/Beta would have to be killed and sacrificed to the Moon Goddess as a sign of an apology. I hoped the stone would turn blue. But if not I have accepted my fate.

•~•~•~•~•~•
A bolt of electricity shot from the sky onto the tree. It made the white oak shine with blue electricity.

The chants of the pack were songful, they were chanting to the Moon. "Dear my Goddess, Shine light on the. Take our Alpha, make him whole. Decide if thy worthy" the feelings of electricity shot through my feet and coursed up towards my brain. They called to the full moon in a mantra and when the rain halted, the chants broke off. "Present me though hands, and we shall see, if thy are meant to be" the warrior recited from ancient writing. Louis eyes glistened a bright blue and I know his wolf had taken over. He placed his hands, palm up, at the man. The warrior took out the sharpened wooden blade. He whispered, "Notre déesse s'il vous plaît guider notre alpha vers son compagnon choisi" over and over again. It translated to 'Our Goddess please guide our Alpha to his chosen mate'. The brutish wolf grasped Louis' hand and placed the sharp edge of the blade down onto his palm, he applied a rightful amount of pressure before dragging it across his skin. His crimson blood poured from his hand as he smeared the liquid over the rock. The warrior faced me, I had my hands already facing upwards towards the sky in submission. Louis growled lightly because his wolf felt I was giving myself to the brute wolf, but Louis knew it was a submission to the Moon Goddess. The warrior didn't speak to me or make me say anything, he lifted my palm and slit my hand. The sting was bearable but I wasn't even thinking of the pain, I was eager to drip my blood on the stone. So, I did. One, Two. That's all it took before the stone started to emit a color, but it wasn't blue. I felt my heart stop and the blood in my face flee. I felt Louis stiffen beside me, and I could hear his wolf howl in anguish. I felt the tears sting my eyes but the wolves weren't changing to tear me apart. They were howling, I looked back to the stone and it was a bright white and pink color. It was awe-spiring. Louis grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers, "It's white and pink" he breathed in an amazed way. I nodded but he seemed more enthused, I was just confused. "Harry, do you not know what this means?" He asked. I shook my head and he smiled the biggest smile I've ever seen, "the colors represent purity and passion. But the white means we are true mates. True mates are the rarest of our kind, they represent a stronger form of mates than any other kind. It means we are meant for each other" he said to me. I felt my heart burst with happiness, so I lurched myself into his arms. "Lou..." I breathed. "A Love Like This will last forever" he said and I felt something shift inside of me, my heart was fluttering but this was different and Louis noticed too. "Haz..?" He said and then stopped, he glanced at my stomach in wonder. He leaned down and pressed his ear to my stomach and I felt him growl with a protective aura. He looked into my eyes as his chest swelled with pride, "You are with child" he said into my ear. I felt shivers run down my body and my Omega howl with pride. Tears were building up and I felt my breath hitch, "What..?" I ask and place my hand on my flattened stomach. He nods as the biggest smile breaks out onto his face. "I'm going to be a dad" he says and I nod. "Like you said 'A Love Like This will last forever', and our child is proof of that" I say and he kisses me deeply.

The End.

End of Love Like This
Word Count: 1010
Written By: AlexisCook820
Published On: December 19, 2019