The Hunt - Chapter 8

23-09-2013   21:40

Haneda International Airport

Tokyo - Japan

Haneda airport had two huge terminals and a main building located between them. The place was swarming with people and the shops were still open. Some people were running with their luggage, desperately trying to catch their planes, others were standing by the conveyer-belt, searching for their bags. The place was brightly lit with all kinds of neon-lights. Huge clocks decorated the walls, along with the boards that showed the flight times. The help-desks were busily visited and almost all of the soft waiting chairs were occupied. 

Around the table of a small coffee shop was a group of people, enjoying a warm coffee after a long flight - some of them at least.     

'Okay guys.' Chris clapped his hands. 'There are two Jeeps waiting for us. It's still a two and a half hour journey to Sapporo.'

'Get lost, it's five thirty in the morning.' Megan propped up her bag and used it as a pillow.

'Not in here it is.' General Lewis gulped down his cup of coffee.

Lucy hung over the table, half asleep and mumbled something inarticulately.

'Come on you guys! The sooner we get there, the sooner you can go to sleep.' Chris lay his hands on Connor's shoulders and shook him awake. 'Think of the nice breakfast you'll get in the morning when you wake up in the hotel.'

'Did someone just mention food?' Connor looked up at Chris, who nodded. 'Alright, what are we waiting for?' Connor slammed a fist on the table.

Megan grunted and got to her feet. 'Fine, so long as he keeps his annoying mouth shut.'

Lucy and General Lewis got to their feet as well.

'Emily.' Al poked her cheek. 'Wake up.'      

Emily slid aside, falling against Al's shoulder.

'We'll just carry her.' Muffy lifted Emily out of her chair and swung her over his shoulder. Rather than waking up, Emily wrapped her arms around his neck and made herself comfortable. They exited the building, catching weird glances from the Japanese people they passed by.