Chapter 12

I hope you enjoy.

I do not own Vampire Knight.

Chapter 12

The air was cold, with snow falling around me. My breath could see as a transparent white cloud in front of my eyes. The sounds of my feet crushing the snow on the academy's ground were hurting. I didn't know why, but I wasn't wearing any warm clothes. It was only my Day Unifrom, but I didn't feel cold. Another thing I noticed was the trees appearing fast in front of me then disappeared past me. It was noticeable that I was running.

"Shizuka! Shizuka, where are you?"

I desperately called out for her. She was on the Academy grounds within the body of Maria Kurenai. If I don't find her, then someone will find out about her strange behavior. There needs to be a way to get her inside her original body, but where is her new body?

"Shizuka! please, I know you're here-"

Two silhouettes appeared in front of me. The forest disappeared for a big lake with trees surrounding to appear. My fast pace slows down to a walk then to a full stop. When I took a closer look at them, there were two women with a difference in height. One of them had short hair with a night class uniform. The other was much taller than the first with long hair and wearing the traditional kimono. My eyes widen to realize who these were.

"Shizuka? Maria? Is that you?"

I slowly moved forward to touch their shoulder, but they turned to face me. The two appearances had me froze my hand in my air. Maria was looking normal, but Shizuka had her blood-stained kimono, but her shoulder was dripping with blood. I followed the trail of blood to see the snow from under her change into red. My body was beginning to shake as I didn't dare to look back up.

"M...ei..."

Shizuka's weak voice gave me shivers. A feel of her hand on my cheek had me look back up at her. She was crying with a pained face.

"Sa..ve... me Me...i"

I can see the life in her eyes slowly disappear, and her falling back towards the lake. My hand outstretched to grab hold of her kimono, but my body was frozen. It was like an invisible force was preventing me from saving her. She was slowly falling in the lake with the clear water turning red!

"No! Shizuka!"

"Shizuka!"

I jumped up to feel the warm comfort of my blanket. The sun's light was brightening my room. There was sweat on my forehead, and my breathing was heavy. It was only a dream, but it felt so real. I've never experienced a dream like that before.

"...Shizuka."

"Ichiru told me about how you will let him braid your hair." "Did you miss me?"

Part of me genuinely did miss her warm embrace. The smell of cherry blossom that was around her was soothing and pleasant. It made all of my stress and worries wash away like it never happened. Her pink eyes that can hold so much love and warmth could turn into cold and heartless. If this is how I'm going to react when I see Maria, I wonder what is going to happen when I see her real body.

I got up from my body to head towards the bathroom. My reflection on the window was a disaster. My hair was messy with baby hairs sticking out, bags were under my eyes, and my face was so pale. My pajamas drench with so much sweat. I need to take a shower before entering the academy in this state. That dream kept repeating itself in my head. Her lifeless eyes were the most haunting vision that I've ever seen.