Chapter 4: Threatening Matters

Once the meeting concludes, I exit the room with Elsa, silently glancing at her figure. Her entire person exudes royalty and power, but her mannerisms also show the kindness in her heart. The kindness shines through her powerful exterior at certain times, like when someone speaks, her eyes shine with genuine interest or when she commands her people, it is not with an iron fist, but with gentle guidance. My thoughts of the queen and her qualities stop once we reach the dining room.

"I believe you should be hungry after dealing with that meeting and recovering from some of your injuries." Elsa's smirk causes me to roll my eyes, but nod silently, not wanting to hint to any of my previous thoughts about her.

"My sister will not be attending the meal with us, but she wanted me to tell you that she hopes you heal swiftly."

"Your sisters is very kind. That's a quality few have now a days." I smile and Elsa nods.

"Sadly our world is full of hatred, but I still believe that love and kindness will prevail. That's one of the reasons I look up to Anna."

"I believe she has the power to help make that belief come true." My smile falls after the words leave my mouth. "I must apologize, but I feel the need to change our topic of discussion to one of a more threatening matter." Elsa's demeanor also becomes serious and she looks me in the eye.

"I apologize, but I foresee a war coming for this kingdom. My brother is not fond of people with powers like you... and I. Only my family knew of my powers... and now you know." I raise a hand with a flame lit above my palm. Elsa watches as the flame dances and covers my hand, never once burning my flesh. Her ice blue eyes follow the flame as I create figures of fire: horses, puppies, and a beautiful princess of fire.

"I thought..." "that I wasn't talking about powers in the meeting? That you were the only one with powers? I thought the same thing about myself, until I heard about the magnificent ice queen of Arendelle." A smirk rested on my lips as I started at the beautiful woman in front of me. Her cheeks turned a faint hue of red and she shook her head.

"Well you must be very underwhelmed if that's what the stories say about me."

"On the contrary my queen, the stories did not prepare me for your beauty nor your intelligence. You are much more than what the rumors say." A smile replaces my smirk and I let out a sigh. "You are able to control your powers, while I can only manage them in combat. My anger is quite a frightening thing." My words cause the ice queen to raise an inquisitive eyebrow at me, a surprised gleam hiding in the depths of her icy blue eyes.

"I cannot seem to create a image of you being frightening... but we all have our surprises I suppose..." I give a gentle nod at her words, acknowledging the accuracy of them, but in my mind I am trapped in a past memory, when my powers first were unleashed. Before I could dive into the horrific fire-filled memory, a cool, silk-like voice speaks once more.

"You spoke of your brother, Rodrick was it?"

"Indeed I did."

"You said he dislikes people like you and I; why would that be, if you do not mind me asking." I allowed her question to sink in, giving a small moment of silence to ponder the answer. Of course, I expected the question, and I knew the answer; however, the answer is rather dark, and I fear it may turn her image of me into a monster. Well, that wouldn't be far off I suppose.

"He never understood the pain these abilities bring. He could only imagine the power and fame they could give him, so I guess he was jealous of my mother and I. I also got to spend more time with our mother, so she could train me. Jewel would watch the training sessions, and try to find ways to help me; however, Rodrick never bothered to watch." Elsa raised an eyebrow at me, and shook her head.

"I just can't believe that jealousy would bring a person to hate others like that."

"Actually there is another reason... when I was about thirteen, I was enjoying a break from my daily duties, and I was playing with jewel. Rodrick snuck up on me and scared me, and in my fright I burnt him... He is extremely lucky to be alive and able to see." I closed my eyes, not wanting to see the look of horror and disgust on Elsa's face.

A gentle hand held my shoulder. "I have also had accidents with my powers, and people have gotten hurt. You must let those incidents rest in the past."

I looked at her, and I couldn't see disgust or horror, just understanding blue eyes.