Chapter 5: Time of Need

I looked away from Elsa and sighed, deciding to tell her more information about my past.

"My mother also had extraordinary powers... she too had the ability to wield fire, but unlike me, her control was impeccable." My words were soft as I mentally prepared to tell Elsa about my dark past. "She was planning on teaching me about my powers. She wanted to wait until I was fifteen, but they became much to strong for my eight year old self to handle."

I glanced up at the ice queen to see her nodding along sadly. "I was beginning to fear my powers, despite my mother and father's desperate attempts to convince me otherwise. The fear grew every time I lost my temper, leading to even greater outbursts of my powers. My mother quickly began training me privately; well it wasn't truly privately. Jewel watched and did his best to support my growth, but my father was to busy running the kingdom... and Rodrick was too angry about not having the power to bother supporting his younger sister. I was able to quickly develop my ability with the help of my mother; however, my mother grew ill suddenly, and died two weeks after falling ill."

I let out a silent sigh, and the queen places a hand on my shoulder. "I am deeply sorry for your loss Alexandria... do you know the cause of her illness?" I give a feeble shrug. "I have a theory that it has to do with my dearest brother Rodrick. I assume he poisoned her somehow... but I have no proof." Elsa nodded gently, watching me for any sign of discomfort, most likely seeing if she should stop me from telling the tale of my past.

"My father quickly became depressed and he focused on his kingdom. He decided that Jewel should become the next ruler because of his calm demeanor and focus on his studies, and I should be the general of the kingdom's army because of my abilities. This led to me constantly training and getting beaten by people stronger than me. I eventually became the kingdom's strongest soldier and an assassin for the king; I have killed countless times in the name of justice and righteousness, and I never tried to fight against the role I was given. The constant training turned me into a monster..." I trailed off trying to avoid Elsa's stare, but she quickly gripped my hand. "You are not a monster. I know what these powers can make you do, and I understand the fear you had to face. You are most definitely not a monster."

Her words calmed me enough to allow me to shakily continue with my experience. "Father wanted Rodrick to work on foreign affairs and maybe marry a princess to build alliances with other powerful kingdoms to help protect our kingdom, but Rodrick did not agree with this. He has never liked me because of my powers, and now he hated Jewel for taking his spot in the thrown."

"So he took over your kingdom... he must be very skilled..." Elsa murmured, shaking her head sadly.

"He is very skilled, and I would not be surprised if he already has all of our kingdom's allies turned against Jewel and I. I don't think he knows of my location, not Jewel's location. Sadly, I must ask for your assistance in finding my brother. I will need his help in defeating Rodrick, but I understand if you refuse. I have placed Arendelle in enough danger with my presence alone..." I stare into her icy blue eyes, and a surprisingly warm sensation fills me as she gently smiles at me.

"I don't quite understand why, but I trust you. I am willing to help you in your time of need."