Chapter Three- The Boy From Berk

The young boy stood there, shoulders slouched a little, looking up at his mother and then at the queen of Arendelle, almost as if he was avoiding the gaze of the one person in the room who was around his age.

The boy, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock, Third of his name, was on the small side and had the kind of face that was almost entirely unmemorable. His hair, which was a very soft mousy brown in color , was very untidy and shaggy, not standing the way it was supposed to, much like it's owner, falling in various directions. Hiccup was just absolutely average, the kind of unremarkable, skinny, freckled boy who would easily be overlooked in a crowd.

"Hello there! Aren't you a handsome young man?" Queen Iduna fawned as Hiccup stood there shyly, grabbing the hem of his mother's gown in a tiny fist.

"Elsa, why don't you introduce yourself?" Iduna smiles at her daughter, who almost bounded forward excitedly with her hand held out.

"Hi! I'm Elsa. What's your name?"

Hiccup almost retreated back into his mother's gown had it not been for Valka holding him in position.

"Go on then,dear. Tell her yer name. " Valka nudged him encouragingly.

"H-Hiccup." the boy mumbled shyly and took her hand.

"You've got a weird name!" Elsa giggled
as she almost shook the boy whole in her enthusiasm.

"Elsa!" Idina chided quickly, eyes widening in warning.

"Oh! I'm sorry mama! I didn't mean it like that! " Elsa exclaimed and hurriedly turned to the boy, "! I like your name! I just haven't met anyone with such a name before. That's all! "

"Thanks, I-Ithink." Hiccup nodded shyly , a hesitant smile visible somewhere in his thin mouthline.

The adults watched the two of them silently.

"Mama, is it okay if I show Hiccup around our home?" Elsa chirped, turning back to her mother .

"I don't know. You'll have to ask his mother, Elsa." Iduna replied with a smile.

"Just don't go too far." Valka chuckled at Elsa as she bounced eagerly on her toes.

"I won't!" she nodded and turned back to Hiccup, taking him by surprise as she grabbed his hand. "Come on! We can play near the Fjord!"

"Don't go tobthe forest! And remember to be in the dining hall by lunch time, dear!" Iduna called out as Elsa flew across the length of the hall, dragging Hiccup behind her helplessly.

The parents watched as the two children disappeared out a side door.

"Well then." King Agnarr spoke up ,
" Let's move to the parlour, shall we?"

~~~

The two children were walking along the banks of the part of the fjord that opened only to the Royal grounds, with the waters forming a sort of bay with the castle itself and the pine forest on the other side.

Hiccup watched as Elsa picked up a rock and threw one over for him to catch , which he nearly fumbled on.

"Sometimes when I'm bored and my friends aren't around, I like playing here. " she said happily.

He stood there silently, holding the rock as Elsa did the same , watching him with expectancy. Hiccup was confused .
What did she expect him to do ?

Then she looked down at the rock in his hand and then back up to him and Hiccup understood what she wanted him to. He wasn't one for physical games though , as back on Berk, not many of the other children liked playing with him because he was such a weak twig compared to them. He was a pebble among grizzled boulders.