Chapter Four - Trials And Tribulations

Agnarr and Stoick followed their wives as Kai hurriedly led them through the labyrinth of corridors . 

"What happened ?" Iduna asked worriedly as they hurried. 

"I'm afraid I don't know, my queen. The staff told me they found the boy sitting on the floor, crying. " said Kai urgently over his shoulder as they hurried.

Stoick and Agnarr exchanged perplexed glances as Kai turned a bend to find Elsa standing outside her open bedroom door hugging the door frame and peeking into her own room.

"Elsa?" Iduna called out as the parents drew nearer. 

The little girl ran and threw herself at her mother's waist the moment she saw them. Her usually cheerful, energetic face looked rather pale. Well, paler than usual. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do it. I didn't mean to do it. I swear I-I-It was an accident. " the little girl whimpered , almost on the verge of tears herself.

The Viking King and Queen hurried forward into the bedroom to find their son sitting on the ground, holding his crumpled tunic that had a clearly visible gaping hole in it through which you could see his bare chest. 

"I'm sorry. I-I just wanted to give him something nice to wear.I didn't meant to tear it." Elsa said , clutching her mother's hand as the royal couple entered their daughter's bedroom  as Valka picked her son up and wiped at his tear stained cheeks. 

"It's alright , dearie. It's okay. I've gotchu." Valka cooed, kissing her son on the forhead and rubbing his back to try and calm him down. 

"It-It's torn and—" Hiccup sobbed into her neck. 

"It's just yer cloth, son. "Valka rubbed his back consolingly. "I'll make yeu an even better one later. How's that? Yeu like that?" 

This seemed to calm Hiccup down as his sobs seemed to  simmer down into less audible and irregular sniffs. 

Valka turned to Agnarr and Iduna with a grimace. 

"Would it be alright if he had his meal in our room ?"

"Oh! Not at all!" Iduna nodded. "I'll make sure he gets whatever he wants. " 

"Aye. Thank yeu. "

Valka headed out of the bedroom with Hiccup clinging onto her. 

"We'll talk later, then. " King Agnarr said grimly .

"Aye.", the Viking king nodded stiffly to the royal couple before following his wife out the door. 

"I just wanted to give him something nice to wear. He didn't want it so i tried to pull his shirt so that he'd see how nice he'd look with my cloth and—" Elsa whimpered apologetically. 

"I know. I know, sweetheart." Iduna cooed. "But you can't force him to like what you want.How would you feel if someone told you that the ribbon I made you looked silly?"

"I ... I won't like it." Elsa replied quietly.

"See? " 

"He won't think I'm a bad person now, will he?" Elsa said in a downtrodden voice. 

"Nothing of that sort!"Iduna shushed away such a notion. "He'll come around after a while and you both will be playing together again in no time. " 

"Now come on. "Iduna said, kissing her daughter's forehead. "Lets get you cleaned up for lunch.".

As King Agnarr followed his wife and daughter out of the bedroom, he felt a cold shiver flow down his spine. Looking back, he noticed a small part of the large window opened out.