Chapter Six - A Close Encounter

After the first few days where he'd ended up in the Royal Sauna or in the dining hall while getting to the Library in the palace, Hiccup was now able to find his way to the Library all on how own without needing Kai or anyone else to lead him there. And he took quite a bit of pride in that, since he could now do it on his own and didn't need hand holding.

Not only that, Hiccup was picking up whatever his teachers were teaching him rather quickly, surprising even the teachers, who hadn't expected him to be so adept at learning as he was a Viking and his behaviour went against their general belief on how Vikings were.

The two subjects that he learnt at the moment were languages,taught by Mr.Borger and Math, taught by Mrs.Gustav.

Mr.Borger was a middle aged man who Hiccup had originally thought to be a Viking . The man's thick, beefy arms, extra large belly and a thick walrus like bushy mustache would me him look right at home back on Berk. All in all, his dirty blonde hair and bushy mustache made Hiccup think of Gobber, his father's right hand man, back on Berk.

But if he had to choose which subject he preferred more, he'd pick math anyday.
He didn't know why but he liked the subject more than having to learn a new language. Maybe it was because all he needed were the first ten numerals and then he could pretty much create whatever combination he wanted and create something new with that.

On the other hand ,Princess Elsa hated math and preferred learning languages. She could never understand Hiccup's fascination with the subject, even teasing him about it at times. They'd definitely moved mast the wrong foot that they'd started on after Elsa learned to let Hiccup take his time adjusting to new things. After that, the two of them had grown closer as friends and Elsa was much happier as she now has a friend who was available all the time to play with and not just whenever their parents came to work ,as some of her other friends did( whose parents were staff members) .

"That is correct, Master Hiccup. " Mrs.Gustav said curtly as she adjusted the half moon glasses that sat on her hooked nose.

Out of the two teachers Hiccup had, Mrs.Gustav certainly was the more strict one. Her peculiarly angular face , bony cheeks and highly judgemental black eyes cast a very intimidating aura around her . The sharp hair pin she used to keep her sleek too knot in place didn't help reduce her intimidating presence either.

It was kind of funny , really. Mr.Borger looked like a walking, talking ball while Mrs. Gustav reminded one of a very sturdy stick, the exact opposite of one another.

"Alright. That's enough for today. " Mrs.Gustav said , neatly closing her books and arranging them.

"Thank you, Mrs.Gustav. " Elsa beamed, clearly trying to conceal the relief she felt now that their lessons were over for the day.

"Now I want your homework assignments ready for the next time we have class. And that will be on—"

"The day after tomorrow, ma'am! " Hiccup said eagerly and he caught Elsa rolling her eyes at him.

Mrs. Gustav nodded , clearly content about the fact that at least one of her students was eager to study the subject, though she would've probably preferred that student to be the princess and not the Viking boy.

"I'll see you both back here at twelve noon sharp then. " the woman said before bowing curtly to the princess and leaving.

"Oh god, you couldn't be more of a teacher's pet , could you?" Elsa groaned the moment the door shut behind their teacher.

"Ma'am is this right ? Ma'am what's one plus two ? Ma'am aren't I just the best ? " Elsa said , finishing off in an innocent voice.

"When did I ever do that ?" Hiccup giggled as he cleared out his books from the desk.