2

(jin)

i wake up to the sound of my alarm blaring, which means it was now 6 and i had to get up and get ready for work. i was working 6:30 til 11 today, which is a bit busier than my normal shift, considering it was night time. i get alot of high people buying snacks, or people about to get high buying rellos and black n milds.

i was hoping the blonde boy would come in today- he had only come yesterday morning, and i had been thinking of him since. i thought he was attractive, but i'm sure after i got to know him i wouldn't like him. he was too smug for me.

i got up off my mattress, rubbing my eyes. my work uniform was on top of my dresser. i grab it, walk into my bathroom, and get changed. i didnt want to work nights, i had told them that when they interviewed me, but the boss had called me this morning and begged, and i felt bad so i said yes.

i leave my bathroom, throw my coat on over my unfiform, and grab my keys. i lock my door behind me, and bound down the stairs.

on my walk to work, i hope that i have an easy shift. i heard crazy things happen on the night shift from my co worker, queenie. she was a nice young black lady, and she was in college. she had given me her number on my first day there, and we texted a little bit, but not often. i slept too much.

when i get to the store, my co worker ashad smiles. "thank god your here."

"im not thanking god" i joke. he was also forgein, middle eastern to be exact. im not 100% sure what country he's from, but he had an accent like me. it made me feel a little less lonely. "you're good to go."

i walk behind the counter. awkwardly passing him. i sit in the stool, plug my phone into the outlet under the counter, because its almost dead, and then stare at the back of the store. when the bell rings, i look up. its the blonde boy. "hey corner store boy!" he says, smiling. i smile back and nod. he goes to the candy isle, and he grabs several packs of different kinds of candy, then goes to the chip isle and grabs three family size bags of chips, then brings them to the counter. "what time do you get off? i'm throwing a party tonight, thought you might like to come."

so he's a partier.

"i work til 11. and i'm honestly not a party person." i say, ringing his things up and putting them in a bag. his smile drops a little bit, til its a smirk. i finish ringing up his items. "your total is 15.43"

he hands me a twenty, and i put it in the cash register and give him his change and reciept. "you sure you dont wanna pop by when you get off?"

"yes."

"ima leave you my number in case you change your mind" he said, taking my pen of the counter. he scribbles his number on the back of the reciept, grabs his bags, and walks out. "get at me either way, corner store boy."

i roll my eyes, taking his number off the counter and stuffing it in my back pocket. why couldnt he just call me by my name?

speaking of names, i realized i didnt know his either.

•••
(namjoon)

i was halfway to qeeunies when my phone dinged. i was throwing my party at her house, since i lived in a small apartment. i glanced at my phone.

hey, its jin, whats your name?

i chuckle, deciding i would wait until i got in the house to text him back. i didnt like to text and drive, which was hard sometimes being a mobile plug, but i usually avoided it. i didnt want to get into a car crash.

when i pulled in front of her house, i texted jin back.

my names namjoon, you can call me joon. still not coming to the party?

he texted back right away.

yep, not coming.

i chuckle, getting out of my car and grabbing my bags out of the passenger seat. i walk to her front door, doing my signature knock. she opens the door, smiling. "hey joonie."

"i hate when you call me that." i say, walking in. she laughs, slapping palms with me. "can i talk to you about something?"

my phone dings. i ignore it, and queenie nods. "you can tell me anything."

"well," i say, hesitating slightly. "i kinda, am gay. and i don't like to tell people. but there's this new boy workers at sals, and i think i like him."

"JIN?" she shouts, looking surpised. i'm taken aback.

"you're not mad i never told you?"

"boy, i been knew." she says as if i'm stupid. "you like jin though?"

"you've met him?" i ask, confused.

"yeah, he's my coworker. you act like you dont know i work there part time." she says. i had almost forgot. she's never there when i go there, because i usually stop there when i'm headed to her house from mine. its in between the two. "did you invite him to the party?"

"yeah. he said no, he doesn't like parties."

"oh. well, im gonna set up in the kitchen."

she takes the bags from me and walks to her kitchen. i take the chance to look at my phone.

i might come.

i cheese hard as hell, then go into the kitchen behind queenie. "he said maybe"

she has a bag of dorities in her hand, pouring them into the bowl. she smiles. "good, it would be nice to have him. he's such a nice boy."

i nod, then head back to the living room to set up there. i take the bag of blunts i rolled out and set it on the table, and then the four bottles of alcohol i bought for the party. two bottles of ciroc, a bottle of e&j, and a bottle of henessy. tonight was gonna be lit, and queenie was gonna go up to the liqour store soon to buy some beer and wine coolers.

there was alot of people coming- a mix of my costumers, queenie's friends, and her cousins and sibings as well. that girl had alot of family. i was looking forward to the party, and i was reallu hoping jin would show up. he would make it perfect.

A/N
i had the idea for this story for a while, and i'm finally getting the chance to write it. i hope yall like it!