6

(seokjin)

i was standing behind the counter of the corner store. i was working the 7 to 10 shift today, my normal shift. it had been a week since namjoon showed back up, and he had stopped by a few times and tried to talk to me but i just shut the metal divider until he left.

i didn't want to talk to him. i didn't want to hear what he had to say. he fucked up.

it was 9 on the dot, and i was hoping this last hour went smooth and namjoon didnt show up again.

a young girl who looked like she was in high school walked into the door. it was monday, so i figured she was just stopping on her way to the high school up the street.

she brought a dr pepper and a pack of starburst  to the counter. "hi."

"hello." i say, ringing up her items and putting them into a bag. "your total is 3.46"

she hands me a five. "you're really cute."

she's leaning onto the counter, her boobs popping out of her shirt. "ummm, thanks."

i hang her the change and her bag. "can i have your number?"

"i'm gay" i respond. she looked shocked. she shakes her head and walks out the door. i sigh, sitting back onto the stool. then, a group of three guys come in. they go to the back by the freezers.

"ay, y'all got any fruit punch soda?"

"yeah, it's in the freezer all the way to the left?" i say. he walks over there, and studies the freezer.

"i dont see it. can you show me?"

as i step out from behind the counter, behind the bulletproof glass, one of them pulls a gun out of the waistband of his pants. it all happens so quick, and i suddenly hear a crack.

pain in my leg.

i fall to the ground. "get the money from the cash register!" one of them yells. the younger one runs over and goes behind the counter. i left the door unlocked. "come on, hurry up!"

the pain in my leg is getting worse. i start to loose focus, gasping on the floor. the three guys run out of the store, leaving me on the ground.

the bell dings. "jin? JIN!"

i can barley hear the voice. my leg hurts. "yes, at the sals cornerstore theres been a shooting. he got shot in the leg."

"they... they took money." i don't sound like myself.

"i think they robbed him."

i can't recongnize the voice.

suddenly, everything slides out of focus.

•••
(namjoon)

Fuck!

Jin was laying on the floor unconscious. his leg was bleeding badly, and i was kneeling in it, tying my t shirt above the wound. the sirens are getting closer, and my vision is blurry. i'm crying.

"jin please stay with me" i say as two medics run into the room. they immediately push me out of the way, getting to work. three or four police officers come in after them. i stand, ready to tell them who did it.

i saw them leaving the store, and they were running to a black car parked in the lot. i knew something was wrong.

the police officers question me, and i'm trying my hardest not to sob. i tell them who it was- i knew one of the boys, and i also knew the other two were his older brothers.

why did they have to choose sals? why during jins shift?

i knew he was going to be fine, the medics had said it was non fatal as it hadnt hit any vital organs. but still, why jin.

four hours later

i'm sitting in jins hospital room, waiting for him to come around. they had did an emergency surgery to remove the bullet, all his vitals were good. now we were just waiting for the anesthetics to wear off and for him to wake up.

i had been in the hospital since the police left. i was still wearing my blood stained pants. the blood had dried to a dark brown.

i had texted queenie, and she said she would come as soon as her shift at her other job was over. it was now 1 in the afternoon, and she didn't get off til three.

i'm watching jins beautiful face when his face twitches. then, his eyes open slowly. he looks around the room, looking completely bewildered. "namjoon?"

"jin!" i shout. i rush over to the bed and kiss him on his lips. he pushes me away weakly.

"get out." he says. he looks angry. "i know what happened to me. i know where i am. but why are you here."

my eyes well up with tears. i had just gotten done crying. "jin. i'm here for you."

"get out!" he shouts. the doctor rushes in, a smile on his face.

"how are you feeling jin?" he asks, pushing me out of the way.

"my leg hurts a little bit." he says, eyes still staring at me angrily. "but other than that, i feel fine."

"well lets get a little morphine going for you" the doctor says, writing something on his clipboard. "i'll send a nurse in."

when the doctor walks out of the room. he takes his pillow and throws it at me. "get out!"

"jin. i'm the one who called 911. i saved you. you can't even be grateful? you wake up, im the only person here, and youre angry with me?" i say. "i want you to forgive me. i want you to be my boyfriend. i know you're angry with me, but i truly am sorry."

"too bad i cant put up the metal divider now" he scoffs, rolling his eyes. "please leave namjoon. you hurt me too much."

"jin, please." i say weakly. "i understand the anger. i understand the hurt. but please give me another chance. please."

he's crying too. i can see the tears streaming down his face. "namjoon, i cant."

"why?" i push. "why can't you give me another chance? i promise i won't do anything like that again."

"just go."

so i put my head down, walk out of the room, and back to the waiting room, then out of the hospital all together.

i fucked up too bad.