Natsuki's Royal Rumble Log Number 1

I knew everyone was already aware of this, after all I didn't make it a secret, but I was really annoyed by all this Royal Rumble stuff. Who cares if it's a fight for royalty? That doesn't change the fact that I was forced into it. At least, Sayori and Fuyu were trying to give me the positives of the situation, though Sayori clearly had some ulterior motives for wanting me to win.

Anyway, The Royal Rumble is a bi-annual completion in which contenders can fight for the right to challenge the current king/queen. The first round of the competition is divided into four separate blocks. In each block, multiple contestants fight each other and the last one standing will earn the right to go on to the next round. Only soft regulated equipment can be used like Hulk gloves or foam-like swords, like the "Keyblade" Sayori got for me.

Apparently, in Kingdom Hearts, the protagonists use these things called Keyblades to fight off darkness. They're literally giant keys that can unlock anything and also act as swords. Sayori said the one she got me was called Oathkeeper or Oath's Charm; I'll go with Oathkeeper since its one word. I had to admit, it was pretty angelic looking which I guess makes sense since it represents light and a promise to someone. Crazy release history aside, at least the games provided a pretty cool design.

The Block A fight was currently in progress and it was not what I expected it to be at all. I thought the point of these fights was to knock your opponents out of the ring, but the people who were currently in the ring looked like they were more interested in keeping their opponents in. Actually, looking past that, it actually seems like most everyone involved were feigning ring-outs. The fake-outs stopped when there weren't enough people left and that's when a girl wearing a wolf hoodie eliminated everyone else.

I was really shocked, but apparently me and the others were the only one, since everyone else looked disinterested. It was so confusing, but before I could question anything, the king that forced me into this thing entered the ring and made an announcement. It pretty much was actually compete or get banned. All I could think about was how much this guy ticks me off. I also began to wonder whether or not the previous ruler was like that, though Sayori assured me otherwise. Anyway, I'll call him Xemnas or whatever, so I don't have to keep calling him king.

The second preliminary round was when things got interesting. Even though they had no choice to fight, the beginning of this round was the same as the last; contestants thrown out of the ring like dropping flies. It looked like luck was needed for the first part and luck and skill for what came after. Speaking of skill, there was one person who caught our eye throughout the round. It was someone wearing a green tunic and long flowing green hat while wielding a prop sword. They were pretty incredible. The way they were dodging multiple strikes and ringing out a lot of contestants was just... wow. Their skill won them the fight no problem and I started to think, "Even if I make it through my match, I'll have to deal with this superhuman competitor."

That's when things took a surprising turn, Fuyu noticed that victor was strangely silent and that's when it hit us. Our suspicions were soon confirmed when they looked around, finally allowing us to catch a glimpse of their face. I guess we finally found out what happened to Rei after she disappeared.