Chapter One

Kiara's POV

It's been many years since mum had passed away, that now it was dad, Akira my little sister and myself. We were a small happy family, daddy runs a small business that kept us going until I turned 21 and he helped me open up my own confectionery. It was a dream of mine since I was a little child when I used to remember baking with mum. She loved baking and so that's passed on to me I guess. As for Akira, dad and I have spoilt her I should say... She's in college now, already broken up with two guys and is on boyfriend no.3. I have no idea how easily this girl moves on so quickly from one heart break to another.

"Kikiiii.... I'm getting late for college, hurry up!!" Akira yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

"Give me a minute.... I'm almost done." I say tucking in a strand of hair underneath my messy bun, before picking up my things and rushing down the stairs. I'm supposed to drop Akira today before going to the bakery. Dad had already taken the car so we had to hail taxi.

"Kiara, I need some cash, cause the girls are going to the movies after college." Akira pleaded.

"Are you sure it's the girls you're going out with missy?" I questioned.

"ummm.. nope. I'm going with Zac." Akira confessed. That mischievous little thing.

"Well.. you could've just told me" I say as I handed her some cash.

After dropping Akira at her college, I headed to my bakery. It was a small space, and I personally wanted everything in white with a touch of pastel pink in there, it gave the place a very peaceful ambience for people to visit and sip a nice cup of coffee.

 It was a small space, and I personally wanted everything in white with a touch of pastel pink in there, it gave the place a very peaceful ambience for people to visit and sip a nice cup of coffee

My aunt Linda worked with me in the bakery, she was my right hand. Aunt Linda was mum's sister, so she's very close to my family. She has a daughter named Maisie, my favourite cousin and best friend. Maisie knows everything about me, it always feels great to have a genuine soul like her around, she'd just slap you with the truth, than comfort you with a lie. So far life has been going smoothly, apart from the times when I miss my mum. Things will never be the same after the loss of a family member, it becomes a pain that you'll always have to live with.

*okayyyy... my lovelies!!! My first book, first chapter... I hope you'll like it. I'm nervous as hell, apologies for any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors.*