Chapter Five

Kiara's POV

As soon I put my phone in my purse, the doorbell rang.. "keep cool, you can do this Kiara" I mumbled to myself. Pathetic! I know..

I ran downstairs and opened the door, only to see Ethan scrolling through his phone wearing a perfectly fitted suit. I don't even remember the last time I gawked at a man. Everything about him screams money. He didn't still look up at me, so I cleared my throat which made him glance my way.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." I apologized.

"No problem! Let's go?" Ethan replied

"Yeah sure!" I awkwardly turned around to lock the door, feeling his gaze on me.

We walked to his fancy looking car and he opened the door for me before he got in, maybe he isn't as intimidating as I thought. My thoughts were broken when Ethan began to drive, he was now wearing his shades making him look even more dapper.

About two minutes after a really awkward silence, Ethan began to speak

"So, the party is in a month right?"

"Um, yeah." I nodded.

"I'll send the manager with you, so that you can pick the menu and all the other stuff at the venue. He'll note everything down, and you wouldn't have to worry much about it after. "

Okay was all I could say to him, he nodded and began tapping the steering wheel with his finger slightly. Why does every little thing about him seem attractive? Just then, I heard his phone ring and he answered with the caller on loudspeaker, I tried zoning out but it was quite difficult.

"Heyyy Eth!" A female voice spoke flirtatiously

"Err.. heyy Violet."

"Babe I'm in town, wanna hang out?" She spoke.

"It's gonna be a hectic week I guess Vi, so I'm sorry love!" Ethan replied. A part of me happy because he ditched who ever that woman was, and a part of me annoyed for calling her "love" . Ugh! What's wrong with me? I don't even know this guy, and I'm acting all jealous.

"Babee, make time for me tonight and I'll make sure you won't regret it... just like last time...." Her whining was cut short as I shut my ears not wanting hear any of their intimate stories, I glanced towards Ethan only to see him chuckle at my reaction.

"Okay okay, tonight nine at your place. I'll catch you there." He hung up.

I stared out the window hoping this uncomfortable journey ends soon.

"So what do you do apart from running your little sweet shop?" He asked.

"Sweet shop?" I snapped. "Thats my precious confectionery."

"Yeah your confectionery... you love it so much eh?" He questioned.

"Of course!"

"What makes it so special?"

"Everything, I love everything about my bakery.. the way it looks, watching people enjoy my food. It's my happy place." I explained.

"Wow, that's the most you have spoken so far." Ethan spoke before pulling into a grand hotel.

As he arrived at the entrance, our doors were opened by guards and there stood a man, awaiting for Ethan's arrival. Adjusting my handbag on my shoulder I walked towards Ethan's side.

"Dave, this is Kiara. As I told you earlier she's here to select the menu, the table arrangements and everything else required for dad and his friend's party, I want you to tend to all her needs, while she's here, got it?" Ethan asked in a sturdy tone.