Chapter Twelve

It's been three weeks since Ethan and I have been going out, and I have to say this is the happiest I've ever been. Even though he's always been busy with work, he makes sure to spend time with me by dropping by at the bakery or taking me out for lunch or dinner. There hasn't been a day we had gone without talking to each other, especially on days when we couldn't meet up, we go on FaceTime till one of us is asleep. Ethan told me he's told his mum about us two days ago, she seemed very pleased and couldn't wait to see us together, we have been planning to talk to my dad about it too. And till then he wouldn't tell his dad either because there's a possibility of uncle Nolan telling dad everything, before I do.

Right now I was at the bakery, finishing up the last few details of an enormous wedding cake. "Hi Sweetheart!" I heard a lady speak behind me. I spun around and to my surprise it was Stella (Ethan's mum).

"Mrs. Lancelan, hi!"

"Kiara dear, please call me Stella. And my my... you look gorgeous." She spoke so cheerfully. Stella was a lady that spoke and acted with so much class and elegance, yet she did so politely. "No wonder my son is head over heels for you." She whispered the last part.

"No, he's not Stella." I blushed, "have a seat, let me get you something to drink.."

"Honey we have a lot to do today that's why I'm here. Sorry I had to just rush in without a notice. I hope you would be able to come with me to the hotel for the final look over, we're just a week away from the party." She said.

"Sure, let me finish this up in 2 minutes. Is that fine with you?"

"Of course.. of course.." She said making herself comfortable on the couch.

After the cake was done, I walked into the office to put my heels on and grab my purse before leaving with Stella.

During the car ride, we had a good girl talk and I didn't even realize we had arrived at the hotel already. I wasn't sure if Ethan would be there or not.

"Lets not tell Ethan you're here, I wanna give my boy a surprise."

"Okay." I smiled at her.

Speaking to one of the managers there, we finalized everything and we were pleased with the final outcome. Just then Ethan's voice boomed across the room as he was barking orders on the phone, leaving all his employees up on their feet and his PA running behind him with a stack of papers. "Dave I need all the arrangements done by today. I worked for too long to get my hands on that deal and it can't go in vain." He snapped at his PA and completely ignoring the greetings he got while walking in the direction of the elevator. He didn't know we were here and nor did he see us. Which I was thankful for, nobody wants to be near grumpy cold Ethan. I hoped Stella just leaves as soon as she spoke to the manager who was right in front of us.

"Hmm looks like someone isn't in a good mood today." Stella glanced towards the elevator.

"How about we go surprise him? It'll definitely lighten up his mood when he sees you." She said gleefully.