Making Deals

Ari

Apparently, Geryon had enough of us telling him what he can't do to these animals. Nico drew his sword and just as Percy was about to rise to his feet, Orthus pounced on him.
"Percy." I whispered wincing as he hit the ground.
"I would stay in the car, all of you, or Orthus will tear Mr. Jackson's throat out. Now, Eurytion, if you would be do kind, secure Nico." Geryon asked.
"Do I have to?" He asked.
"Yes you fool!" Geryon shouted as Eurytion picked up Nico under one arm and carefully picked up the sword. "Now, we've had our tour. Let's go back, have some lunch, and Iris message our friends in the Titan Army."
"You fiend!" Annabeth cried.
"Don't worry, my dear. Once I've delivered Mr. Di Angelo, you and your party can go. I don't interfere with quests. Besides, I've been paid well to give you a safe passage, which does not, I'm afraid, include Mr. Di Angelo." Geryon smiled.
"Paid by whom? What do you mean?" She asked.
"Never you mind, darlin'. Let's be off, shall we?" He asked.
"Wait! Geryon, you said you were a business man. Make me a deal." Percy called.
"What sort of deal? Do you have gold?" Geryon narrowed his eyes.
"I've got something better. Barter."
"But you have nothing of value to me... well, other then the girl." He said eyeing me up and down as I cringed at what he was implying.
"Not happening." I glared.
"You could have him clean the stables." Eurytion suggested.
"I'll do it! If I fail, you get all of us. Trade us all to Luke for gold." Percy said.
"Assuming the horses don't eat you." He observed.
"Either way, you get my friends, but if I succeed, you've got to let all of us go, including Nico." Percy said.
"No! Don't do me any favors! I don't want your help!" Nico yelled as I gave him my mom look and he shut up.
"Percy Jackson, those stables haven't been cleaned in a thousand years." Geryon debated.
"What have you got to loose?" Percy asked.
"All right, I accept your offer, but you have to get it done by sunset. If you fail, your friends get sold, and I get rich." He agreed.
"Swear it on the River Styx." I glared.
"Sh." He shushed me.
"She's right." Grover said.
"Swear it on the River Styx." Percy said as Geryon swore rolling his eyes.
"I'm taking your friends to the lodge, we'll wait for you there." Geryon said as Orthus jumped onto my lap.
"I hope you know what you're doing." Annabeth said.
"I hope so, too." Percy said as I gave his hand a light squeeze.
"Your kindness and your understanding is your best asset here." I said as he cocked his head to the side. "You'll understand soon." I smiled at him.
"Sunset, no later." Geryon reminded him before he laughed and we took off back down the trail.

***

After a few hours of being tied up, Percy, thankfully, came running in.
"Let them go! I cleaned the stables!"
"Did you now? How did you manage it?" Geryon asked as Percy quickly told us and I smiled up at him. "Very ingenious. It would have been better if you'd poisoned that pesky naiad, but no matter."
"Let my friends go, we had a deal." Percy said.
"Ah, I've been thinking about that. The problem is, if I let you all go, I don't get paid." Geryon mock frowned.
"You promised!" Percy exclaimed as he drew his sword and the dog growled near my face.
"Not her, she's worth more then all of them combined." Geryon barked. "Eurytion, kill him."
"Kill him yourself." He said as I grinned.
"You dare defy me!? I should-" Geryon started before he poofed out of existence.
"So that's what happens when you don't keep your promise of the River. That was kinda fun to watch." I muttered as Eurytion laughed.
"You picked a good one." He said to Percy as my face flared. I kinda zoned out through most of the chitchat before Percy offered to call Bianca with Nico.