Summoning the Dead

Ari

We did our summons after dark when the full moon was high and silver clouds drifted across the sky.
"Make him stop." Tyson whispered to Percy as I tried to comfort him.
"Just let him talk to his sister, it'll be over soon, ok?" I soothed as he nodded.
"My, my, Percy Jackson. The sons of Poseidon haven't improved over the centuries, have they?" Minos asked as I glowered at him and he shrunk away. "The beautiful princess of the seas and storms. Ariannah, daughter of Zeus." He mocked bowed as I glared at him and he hid behind Nico.
"Get lost, Minos." I seethed.
"Be gone Minos! Do not distress her. I want to see my sister." Nico demanded as Minos faded into mist just as Bianca appeared.
"Hello, Percy, Ari." She said as my throat closed up and I held Percy's hand.
"Bianca. I'm so sorry." He choked.
"You have nothing to apologize for, Percy. I made my own choice. I don't regret it."
"Bianca!" Nico called running over to her.
"Hello Nico, you've gotten so tall." She murmured sadly.
"Why didn't you answer me sooner?" He cried.
"I was hoping you'd give up." She said as I zoned until it was time to sleep once again.
Thankfully, we all agreed to sleep at the lodge. Percy and Grover took the couch and I curled up on the small foot rest.
"Are you sure you want to sleep there?" Percy asked.
"Yeah, this isn't too different from sleeping on a chair. I didn't really have a bed in my world, so I had to sleep on a chair, but I made the best of it." I rubbed the back of my neck as he squeezed my hand and we all said Goodnight.

***

Around two in the morning, I woke to a screaming eagle and jumped.
"Sorry Ari, I didn't mean to wake you." Grover said.
"No, it's fine, I'm ok, what's wrong?" I asked as he pointed at the TV. "June 13th? 7 days since we left."
"I miss Juniper." He said as I sat down next to him.
"You'll see her soon." I said as he rested his head on my knee.
"The deadline is up." He said.
"You will soon find what was told to be impossible." I soothed.
"What do you mean? Will I find Pan?" He asked.
"I can't say, but remember what I said. It will soon make sense." I gently ran my pinky finger down his nose as he yawned before Percy fell off the couch grabbing at his neck. I laid Grover's head down before slinking down 9nto the floor to see Percy. "Are you alright?" I asked softly.
"Just a bad vision dream thing." He said.
"I know, but how are you feeling?" I whispered scooting closer to him as he rested his head on my shoulder.
"Tired." He admitted as I nodded and kissed his forehead.
"Want to know the fastest way to get a child to sleep?" I asked smiling softly at him.
"How?" He rose his eyebrow at me as I started to sing a soft lullaby to him that my dad used to sing to me and I rubbed his nose with my pinky until he fell fast asleep.

***

The next morning, Nico had decided to stay for a while and Eurytion gave me his necklace the Hephaestus gave to him.
"Just press that button and it'll show you the way, Miss." He blushed as I pressed the button and it grew 8 metallic legs as Annabeth shrieked and I dropped it.
"Spider!" She screamed as a frown found its way  onto my face.
"She's scared of spiders." Grover said.
"And you married one, right?" He asked me as I jumped a little and looked.
"How did you know?" I asked as Annabeth gave me a disgusted look.
"I know a bit about your world sweetheart." He said as my face softened.
"Why would you marry a spider?!" Annabeth asked.
"He was bit by a spider and given super powers relating to that." I sighed as we thanked Eurytion and chased after the robotic spider.
"Do you mean, you married Spiderman?" She asked as I almost stopped.
"Yes." I said as my throat closed. "Could we not talk about it?"
"Why not?" She pried.
"Because it still hurts. I was told I wouldn't remember anything from my past lives, yet I remember everything, ok? It hurts to watch the person you loved for so long die! And I have to do that until the world stops turning because of my stupid decision." I exclaimed as I wiped a tear from my face.
"There's no way out of it?" Grover asked.
"I made a deal with my dad. I couldn't break it even if I wanted to." I sighed as we continued to follow the robot.
"I'm sorry, I didn't realize." Annabeth.
"No, it's fine. No matter how many significant others I get and have to watch die, I can't escape, that's just how this game works. Forever trapped." I sighed as the robot swung from bar to bar.
"How I hate heights." I shuddered as Annabeth swung from bar to bar, then Percy, then I went and then Tyson went across with Grover on his back. Just as he got to the last one, it broke and I dove for his hand. My adrenaline spiked as I pulled them up with all my strength.
"How?" Grover asked.
"You know the stuff that pumps through a person's veins when they push a car off a baby, that's what that was..." I panted as Percy caught me just before I fell.
"Piggyback ride?" He asked as I shook my head at first but then nodded. Tyson lifted me onto Percy's back and we followed Annabeth and the robotic spider.
Once my strength came back to me, we found the game show Sphinx.
"Welcome lucky contestants! Get ready to play... ANSWER THAT RIDDLE!" The sphinx said. "Pass the test and you get to advance! Fail, and I get to eat you! Who will be our first contestant?"
"I-" Annabeth started
"Let me." I said as Annabeth was about to protest. "I've seen what happens. You are too smart for this." I said as a ripping pain tore through my stomach. I bit my lips and held my stomach as I walked on.
"Twenty riddles!" The Sphinx said.
"I know." I mumbled as she asked the first question.
"What is the capital of Bulgaria?"
"Sofia." I said remembering this from the book.
"Square root of 16?"
"4."
"Which U.S president signed the Emancipation Proclamation?"
"Abraham Lincoln."
"These aren't riddles!" Annabeth said as I shot a glare at her.
"I know, that's why I didn't let you." I whispered.
Once I had answered all of the questions, the sphinx put my answer sheet into the machine and handed me back my paper.
"You are smarter then Athena herself! You got 100%!"
"Great, thanks for the game!" I grinned as I pushed everyone forward. "Move, move, move!" I whispered as I shoved them towards the exit.
"You aren't-" Annabeth started.
"I know, just keep moving." I said as my stomach flipped and I had to stop.
"Ari!" Percy called.
"I'm fine, let's keep moving." I said as he helped me stand and we continued.