Chapter 7

Tara's POV

Five days! That's how long it's been. It's been five days since we last saw Sid. I can't feel her, I can't hear her, I can't reach her! I'm going nuts not knowing anything. I know she would never leave me alone. Five days! I just pace back and forth in the hallways thinking trying to get a hold of her trying anything to know that she is still alive. I hate this! "Ugh!" I groan at my own frustration annoyed with myself feeling useless at this point. Damon comes out of his office to see me still pacing the hall.

"You and your sister are so alike. You pace when your frustrated... You get anything yet?" He looks at me with hopeful eyes.

" Do you think if I had anything I would be pacing the halls annoyed with myself?" I answer sarcastically. He sighs walking closer to me next thing I know he wraps me in his arms. I know he's trying to comfort me but I can't calm down till we have Sid back. He hugs me tighter and I sigh giving in. I take a deep breath and look up at Damon.

"Thanks, I needed that... How did you know?" I look at him as he releases me, he scratches the back of his head smiling at me shrugging.

"Your sister usually needs to be wrapped up when she is stressed or upset, you seemed to be both so I just kinda figured you were the same. Turns out I was right."

" Well don't tell Sid about this she finds out her man was hugging another woman she will flip a bitch. I still want to live!" I say stepping back further as if Sid would come in at any minute and catch us.

"That's assuming she feels the same way about me." He says looking away.

"She likes you I know she does I hear the way she thinks about you," I say trying to reassure him. The air felt awkwardly thick.

"My trackers caught the scent of hunters last night. After hitting a dead end for to long I made a call to my friend for extra help." He says trying to shift the conversation. Damon just looks at me thinking I'm going to object. I'm up for anything that will get Sid back to me faster.

"What are we waiting for let's go!" I say pushing him down the hall.

"I've already called him and requested an audience with him. He's on his way over here." He says stopping and I run into his back. We head downstairs waiting for the neighboring pack to get here. I'm pacing the living room while Damon is sitting in his chair watching me walk back and forth, his leg shaking as he watches me pace back and forth.

"I'm sorry," I say looking at him, He looks at me confused.

"What for?" he asks me.

"For making you more nervous than you already are." I sate as I start to pace the living room again.

"You are not making me nervous. I am worried about Xedna, watching you pace here just reminds me of her." He says resting his elbow in the arms of the chair clasping his hands together and bringing them to his mouth shaking his leg again. I pace the living room again waiting for Damon's friend praying he will help us.

Damon's POV

To be honest Tara wasn't making me nervous at all. I was frustrated trying for five days to find Xedna and we've been hitting dead ends trying to locate her whereabouts. I knew I should have gone with her, followed her without her knowing, she would have been pissed in the end but she would be here and she wouldn't be in pain. Every day now she's in some kind of pain. My chest feels tight every once in a while and my back feels like it's being cut open about the same time frame now. I don't know why someone wants to hurt Xedna but I will end them if it's the last thing I do. Her pain isn't just physical either I feel her mental pain and she's not doing great. I don't tell Xantara about her pain because I know it would wreck her more than she already is about losing her sister. Silence has been my choice lately. Eric is gone all the time not looking for Xedna though he made it very clear to me about how he feels about my mate. Victor has stepped up a lot since the trip to the girl's college. Victor mind links me letting me know Shadow is here. I stand Up walking to the door to greet him. I wish we were getting together on better circumstances but it is what it is right now. Opening the doors walking outside I see Shadow approaching with his beta and a few of his guards.