Chapter 11

Tara's    P.O.V. 

Sitting in the car quietly with Shadow as he drives us to his pack grounds. We sat in awkward silence for thirty minutes. Until the silence got the better of me
and I couldn't hold it in anymore.
"Sooooo, What does your place look like? Are your parents still around and if so are they nice? Did you promise another girl things because I'll let you know now
I will stab a bitch that doesn't stay in their lane, and what about you? Are you a good Leader to your pack? Will you teach me how things work at your place?"
"Ok, Um good you do want to be apart of this, good to know." He says surprised at my many questions.
"Well yea, just because I don't want to be a mate to someone doesn't mean I can't be a good luna to your pack. My sister seems to like it so far she enjoys helping
others."
"Oh really? Her facial expressions could have fooled me." He says with a slight chuckle.
"Hey! Don't let her r.b.f (Resting Bitch face) fool you, she is a sweet and caring person, she's just had a rougher life. It's not her fault she's not so trusting she's been through a lot."
"Ok, Ok I'll take your word for it. Alright, so my parents passed away. My mom was the first to pass natural causes and my father passed a year after. So you don't have to worry
about "meeting the parents." As for me being a good leader, I'd like to think I am but opinions may vary. I never made arrangments with another to be luna so you don't have to "stab a bitch" as you say. I will teach you what you need as long as you are willing to learn and to listen to direction." He says going through my questions in the order they were asked, but the last part he says to me sternly almost as if it's a threat.
" I can comply and be good as long as I'm still able to do the things I need to do for myself as well. It won't be me you have to deal with. If you keep your word and continue to let me train with my sister things will be fine. I was warned about you before leaving." I say in a warning tone. Shima told me about him and how demanding he is. Almost a control freak is what she described to me.
"What do you mean by that? Who will I be dealing with if you can't continue your training with Shima?" He asks side-eyeing me as he drives.
"My sister has a temper and she's not one to be messed with I'm all she has left so she's always been protective of me. If something goes wrong it won't be me who will fuck shit up. It will be sid." I look to him saying this as a warning.
" Tch! I'm not worried about your sister. She needs to learn to help herself. She is no threat to me." he says smugly.
" Very nieve of you. you know nothing about her or what she can do, so if someone gives you a warning about someone you shouldn't take it so lightly." I say to him. He'll figure it out sooner or later.
"Look I expect you to listen to orders when they are given and for you to uphold your duties as Luna I do not care about what Shima and your sister and Damon had you guys training for. No harm will come to you here. You are safe here." As he says this he looks at me and I feel the car pull to a stop. I break eye contact and look around at his grounds.* It looks nice not very green but I can help grow some things here for them. The people seem to look like they like it here. They're all wearing smiles as they approach the vehicle to greet their Alpha. They each bow their head to him and he bows back as they walk by. We grab my bags from the trunk of the car and head to the house. It's a huge house three stories with a deck on each floor and double doors to enter the decks. The house is white with bluish-gray color trim around it. As we walk to the house there's a gray stone path leading to the porch that looks like it wraps around the house. Growing along the house are different color rose bushes that were also growing along the railing for the deck. You can see someone is trying to train them to grow up the two pillars to the deck above and on the railing.  As we walk in He leads me up the stairs to the third floor and opens double doors. When I look inside I can only assume this is his room judging by the looks of a king-size bed and the nicer furniture in it and his scent flowed from it as he opens the doors. " I get wanting your mate in the same room as you but I'm not a wolf and things don't move that fast for humans. I would like to have my own room until we get to know each other more please." I say with worry in my voice. He's already asserted himself twice to me in the car on the way here. He walks toward me and stops in front of me looking down at me and makes eye contact."You have wolf blood so some of that statement is true. You will stay here in my room where I can be with you and watch you. The kitchen is downstairs My betas mate is in charge of cooking you can help her and come here after you are done eating and helping clean. when I come back we will discuss your luna duties and what I expect of you." He tells me this in a commanding tone as if I have a wolf to be commanded by him.
"Look I know how this works. I adjust really well to pack life but I am not one of your wolf lackeys to be dominated if you would like me to help your betas wife, I will do that. No problem! but you tell me what to do is not ok. I am your equal, not your slave. If you wanted one of those you should have left me where I was and picked someone else who will listen to your commands. I'm not a little bitch to be bossed around. Do y.." My face is smacked so hard I hear the blood rushing in my ears. I stay looking away from him. Shadow reaches for my face, I try to swat his hand away but he forces his hand and grabs my chin tightly, and harshly forces me to look at him.
"I am your alpha now. You do not tell me what to do. I tell you what to do and when to do it. If I say you belong in my room that's where you belong. If I say you are to be in the kitchen tomorrow where are you going to be?"
" 6 ft in the ground before I let you boss me around," I say spitting in his face. Smack! I hear the blood rushing to my ears again. "Again where will you be?"
"Running fro.." SMACK! again blood rushing to my ears from the impact of the hit to my face. "One more time. Where will you be?" Shadow says this taking my shoulders in his hands ripping me off of the floor. at this point, he will just keep hitting me until I break. I'm not going to break so just comply until I can escape him. "In the fucking kitchen."
"See was that so hard? Just do as your told and you'll be fine." He releases my shoulders and kisses my forehead leaving me alone in his room. I feel sick to my stomach starts to churn. I rush to find the washroom and empty its contents into the toilet. I sit there trying to catch my breath when my phone rings. Of course, Xedna would call now. I take a few deep breaths and answer it. "Hey!" I say cheerfully. "Hey did you make it there safe?" she felt it. I know she does. "Oh yea we just got here I was just getting settled in my room. everyone here is so nice and Shadow is amazingly patient with me so far. We're about to eat so I'll call you later ok?" I say in my
most convincing voice. "Ok, I'm glad things are going well so far. I'll call you tomorrow ok I love you bye sis." she hangs up the phone and I throw the phone and start crying. When did this become our lives? I already hate my mate and I've barely been here thirty minutes. I don't know how I'm going to make things work but I have to get out of here before he kills me.