Chapter 1

Nini's POV:

*Its the day after the end of episode 4, NiNi is walking into school*

I wonder where Ricky is? I hope he's okay. I think I really hurt him last night. I didn't mean to, I just... well I don't really know. Part of me didn't want to move, to just stand there and let him kiss me. He was opening up to me, and he was being so real with me. Isn't that what I wanted? But the other part of me knew that I couldn't do that to EJ nor was I ready to jump back into things with Ricky. He hurt me really badly before and I wasn't about to have my heart broken yet again by yet another guy.

I went about my school day as usual, occasionally stopping at my locker to grab a few books. Lunch was a little awkward. I saw Ricky and I tried to wave but he just gave me a sad smile and continued to eat and talk with Big Red. I tried my best to avoid EJ but of course he found me. "Nini can you please just talk to me?" I got up, "I have nothing to say to you." Kourtney stood too as I took my tray and began to walk away but was stopped by a rough hand on my wrist. "Nini please, just hear me out okay?" What the hell cant he take a hint? "Let go of me EJ" I said yanking my wrist out of his grasp and walking away. "Nini! Nini stop!" I heard him shouting after me, but I just kept walking hoping Kourtney had followed me out.

I don't know what to do. I know I should hear him out, hear his side of things but I'm just to frustrated to do that right now. I need time, I need space. I need to just clear my head.

I head for auditorium, hoping to get a little bit of my steam out. I reach the piano and set my backpack atop and begin rummaging through it. When I finally find what I'm looking for I pull it out and set it on the piano top. But then I hesitate. Do I want to share this with people?

"Girl whatchu doing with that notebook?" Kourtney asks with that extra sass that I always enjoy.

"Kourt, look I really want to share something with you"

"What is it some sort of poem? Omg are you a closet poet?!" She asks a little too excited.

"No. It's a song. That I wrote. And I really want to hear what you think about it." I tell her.

"Omg you wrote a song! I'm so proud, lemme hear it girl!"

Whew. Ok. Here goes. I slowly sit down at the piano and take a deep breath.

I found a guy, told me I was a star.
He held the door, held my hand in the dark.
And he's perfect on paper, but he's lying to my face.
Does he think that I'm the kind of girl who needs to be saved?

Ricky's POV:

Uh oh, somethings going on between Nini and EJ. As much as I don't want her to be with him, I also hate seeing her unhappy. She's clearly upset with him, I wonder what happened?

I quickly got up from my table and followed her out of the cafeteria. I tried to keep up with her and Kourtney but at some point I lost them in the halls. I kept walking all around the school. I had to make sure she was okay. I turned a corner and there she was, going into the auditorium. I was about to call out to her but then I remembered last night.

I told her about my parents.

I told her what I was feeling.

She hugged me. And it was as if her hug had been the air my lungs needed to breath, that without it I wouldn't be able to go on. And when she pulled away, I could've sworn she was looking at me the way she used to, back when we were together. I thought she felt the same thing as me, that maybe she still cared for me the way I cared for her.

But I was wrong.

I went in for the kiss only to be rejected again. It was terrible. She probably doesn't want to talk to me after that, I probably just made things worse. And I felt worse too. It was as if no one wanted me. Not my parents, not even Nini.

After contemplating it for a while I decided to go in and check on her. No matter how awkward things were between us, I couldn't let her be upset like that.

I was about to walk into the auditorium when I heard it. Nini's voice. She was singing. But what song was it? I couldn't recognize it. I stood in the doorway and watched as Nini sang and played the piano, listening to the lyrics of the song.

And there's one more boy he's from my past.
We fell in love but it didn't last.
'Cause the second I figure it out, he pushes me away.
Now I won't fight for love if you won't meet me halfway.

Wait, is this her own song? Did she write this? Is she talking about us, about me?

And I say that I'm through but this song's still for you.

All I want is love that lasts.
Is all I want too much to ask?
Is it something wrong with me?
All I want is a good guy.
Are my expectations far too high?
Try my best but what can I say, all I have is myself at the end of the day.
Shouldn't that be enough for me?

Wow. She sounds incredible. And the song it's... I didn't know she felt this way.

And I miss the days when I was young and naive.
I thought the perfect guy would come and find me.
Now happy ever after, it don't come so easily.

All I want is love that lasts.
Is all I want too much to ask?
Is it something wrong with me?
Oh, all I want is a good guy.
Are my expectations for too high?
Try my best but what can I say, all I have is myself at the end of the day.
And all I want is for that to be okay.

Nini's POV:

Wow. I can't believe I did it. Did she like it?

"Wow"
"Wow" I heard his voice say along with Kourtney.

I quickly spun around to see him standing in the doorway, he looked speechless.

"W-what are you doing here? D-did you hear the whole song?" I asked a little worried.

"Most of it." Is all he said.

"Oh"

"It's really good. Did— did you wrote that yourself?" He asked pointing to my notebook.

"Ya, ya I did, I just wrote down some words and melodies and stuff- sorry um what are you doing here?" I asked trying to avoid the topic of my song.

"Oh well, I- I just wanted to come make sure you were okay, I saw what happened in the cafeteria, and you looked upset and I just wanted to check to see if you were alright."

Wow that's actually really sweet of him. He stood there so silently and seemed almost uncomfortable in a way. But when he was standing there I saw the old him. The him I fell in love with. I wanted to say something back but I couldn't bring myself to.

"She's fine so you can leave now, bye bye!" Kourtney said before I had the chance to say anything.

He looked disappointed. And to be honest, I probably did too. I mean I didn't really want him to go. Something about his prescience really did make me feel better, but I couldn't admit that to Kourtney, she despised him.

"Oh ok cool, well I guess I'll just see you at rehearsals then." He said and then he turned to leave.

It was a weird feeling but it was definitely real. When he left, my heart ached 1000 times harder than before.

I was tired of him leaving.