Chapter 10

Ricky's POV:

"So, you want to tell me what exactly happened?" My dad questioned as we got in the car.

"Not exactly, no." Was my only answer.

My dad didn't start the car, he just sat there. And then he turned to me, "what's going on Ricky? Is there something I don't know about? Is it Nini?"
Ya it's Nini. It's also the fact that my parents are separating all of a sudden and I'm just supposed to magically decide which parent I want to live with more. And the fact that everyone knows about it now, thanks to EJ or should I say thanks to Nini.

"No, it's nothing ok? Can we just go now?" I asked, avoiding the topic as well as eye contact.

"Fine, you don't have to talk to me," he started the car, "but it won't be so easy with your mother." Great. My mom's definitely going to have a few things to say about this.

Nini's POV:

I marched back into the gymnasium, still upset from my conversation with Ricky. How could he be so cold all of a sudden? He wouldn't even let me explain myself! He just shut me out like he always does. Clearly he hasn't changed. Clearly he still can't handle his emotions when things get tough.

As soon as I entered, I was swarmed with people.

"Do you know what happened?"

"Did Ricky really beat up EJ?"

"Were they fighting over you?"

Ugh I didn't want to deal with this right now. I immediately left the gym. As I walked outside I saw Gina leaning against the wall. When she saw me she pushed herself off the wall to face me.

"Seems like you had an eventful night." She smiled sarcastically. Ugh I was not in the mood for this. I quickly pulled out my phone and texted Kourtney to meet me outside so we could leave. Gina started walking towards me, "who would've guessed Ricky was the violent type." She said, an amused smirk on her face.

"Ricky isn't like that." I defended him. Why was I defending him still?

"And yet," she smiled, "EJ just left the school with a black and blue jawline." When I didn't respond, she took it upon herself to continue the conversation, "you know, I can't help but think about how this will affect the show." She took a pause to look at me, "I mean after tonight and with both of them constantly fighting over you, the show might not go on." She laughed and looked down at the ground. She stepped next to me, "if I were you, I'd leave the show before they kill each other." And with that she started walking away. But she stopped and turned around, a big smile across her face, "oh, and happy homecoming!" She turned back on her heel and walked out of sight, leaving me alone, nothing but her last few words replaying in my mind. If I were you, I'd leave the show before they kill each other.

She had a point. This was my fault. I was the one who told EJ about Ricky's parents, I'm the one who caused Ricky to step in earlier tonight. Both of them already had bad blood with each other seeing as they were both of my ex boyfriends. Before I could dwell on this thought much longer, Kourtney arrived and we made our way home. She asked me what happened after the fight, but I was careful not to tell her what actually happened with me and Ricky. "I couldn't find him, he must have left before I got there."

I couldn't tell her the truth. I couldn't admit that she was right, that Ricky had hurt me.

Ricky's POV:

I had just stepped through the garage door when my mother starting yelling, "you better have a damn good explanation as to why you're holding that corn on your eye right now Richard Bowen!" Oh no she used my real name. It was bad.