「Yūshiro」✫ Confused Demon In Love

-requested

WARNINGS:
☆Demon! reader
☆ enjoy!

▼△▼△▼△▼△

Before you were a demon, you were nobody.

You couldn't be someone even if you wanted to.

Every day was torture, and every week, it was like being imprisoned in a place where you couldn't even breathe easily. Your body didn't receive your orders, your throat dried to the minimum that you wanted to say a word.

What was the point of being human?

None.

So you became a demon.

Thanks to Miss Tamayo and her apprentice, Yushiro, you learned to live with your enemies and joined them. Now you weren't weak anymore. You had a voice, you had a body to move and a smile to show.

Now you could explore more than just one room. And you might be restricted from leaving the central city, but that was a whole new world for you. There were birds, more people and demons to meet and even activities like running!

You admired Miss Tamayo like nobody else. She was good, understanding, hospitable ... She took you away and saved your life at the same time. Now every day was a new hope. You liked to help the damaged demons with Yushiro and Tamayo, you even stopped to keep them company in the loneliest nights. Being a demon wasn't a bad thing at all. In the strongest cases like yours was, at least.

But from one day to another, that bubble was slowly breaking up. And the cause couldn't have been other than Yushiro himself. He was always attentive and careful with you, but since that dinner in which Tamayo asked about your relationship... Yushiro was unknowing to you. He distanced himself.

Would he have grown tired of you? Did you give him so much disgust? What if you weren't really as welcomed to Yushiro as you thought?

Tamayo noticed that change in her apprentice and you very well, too. He didn't seem very focused on his work in curing demons by entering her establishment or sending him to his errands. He spaced out more frequently and at times he went shopping, he didn't arrive at the time he should.

So in the middle of a dinner, with you abstentive because Yushiro's whole subject brought you in disgust, Tamayo put her spoon on the table and turned her eyes to the apprentice, with a frown.

"Yushiro."

"Yes, Tamayo-san!" The green-haired man tensed his body, looking forward as if he was actually talking to a superior. But in reality, he admired the doctor so much that he couldn't stand the admiration linked in his voice.

Tamayo raised her hand, a small smile appearing on her pale face. "No need to shout, dear..."

"Sorry, Tamayo-san! I-I mean-" He cleared his throat, lowering his head without taking his eyes off her in regret. "Sorry, Tamayo-san." Yushiro now whispered.

Tamayo nodded.

"I noticed that you are distanced from (Name)." Yushiro's eyes widened quickly. "Don't take me wrong... I don't get where they don't call me in your relationship, but I do in your work." The boy watched Tamayo closely, his mind wandering through all those times he failed in his errands. A blast of guilt made an appearance in his stomach. It was a bad feeling. "Control your emotions so you can concentrate better. Work is not everything... But you can't be constantly clouded."