36

"Get the fuck out of my house, now." Luke spoke one more final time, making Dawson put his hands up in defense, the cocky smile never leaving his face as he backed to the door.

"See you Monday, Aubrey" he spoke before completely leaving the room- making me pull Aubrey to me, straight into a hug.

I didn't know how Luke was going to respond to any of this and I didn't know how she was truly feeling about any of this and that stressed me the fuck out.

"Aubrey" Luke spoke surprisingly calmly.

"I'm sorry" she immediately spoke, making his head shoot up to her.

"Why are you apologizing, princess?" He spoke slowly, instantly relieving me.

"I shouldn't have brought him into my room, I shouldn't have let him-" "stop there" Luke spoke, looking to her as she stood in my hold, her nervous hands holding my arm tightly.

"Don't blame yourself or any of your actions for what a fuck boy does." He immediately spoke.

"This is your first time dealing with this, and I honestly can't tell how you feel, but I just need you to know that you didn't do anything wrong, I'm proud of you for not letting him talk you into doing something you're not ready for" he spoke, watching her slowly nod.

"Come on, let me help you with the neck situation, let's go talk" he spoke, moving closer to her and extending his hand to her.

She immediately took his hand, the two of them leaving as I returned to the living room, catching up on the game.

Aubrey.

I was hurt.

I wanted everyone to leave the house, everyone to go to bed so I could cry.

I didn't want anyone to know that I liked him, I fell for a fuck boy.

I think it almost hurts more that he was able to fake his feelings for me so well, because all he wanted was sex.

Luke.

I helped her to sit on my bathroom counter, grabbing make up wipes from a drawer that I knew she had put in there.

I slowly wiped the make up off her neck, revealing a decent sized hickey- making me instantly regret not going up there to check on them.

"You okay?" I asked her quietly, looking to her face as she stared off, deep in thought.

"Yeah" she barely spoke.

I nodded slowly, not wanting to force her to talk.

"So, I probably shouldn't show you this trick" I smiled to her, trying to lighten the mood.

"But watch" I spoke, turning her to make her look in the mirror.

I rubbed a penny across the hickey about six times, watching the bruise almost instantly fade away, leaving only the lightest shade difference in her neck, if anything- you would just think it was a light birth mark.

"Not even noticeable" I spoke, almost watching the relief flood her face.

"Thank you" she spoke quietly, making me pull her into a backwards hug.

"Are you sad?" I asked her quietly.

Her eyes met mine through the mirror, and I could see the tears flooding into her eyes.

"I want my mom" her voice cracked, instantly breaking my heart more.

She wanted to be able to talk to her mom about her first heartbreak- I understood that.

I pulled her off the counter, pulling her into a standing hug, letting her cry into my shoulder.

I no longer gave a flying fuck about all of our company downstairs, I just wanted to comfort her.

I wanted to be here for her.

"I thought he liked me" she cried out, into my shoulder and I never let her go.

"I'm so sorry, Aubrey" I whispered to her.

"Why does this hurt so bad?" She sobbed out, making me sigh.

I moved to a chair in my room, pulling her to sit in my lap, where her wet face went into my neck.

"I know it hurts, and I can't exactly explain why" I spoke to her, rubbing her back gently as she cried.

"You just thought highly of someone, you trusted them the way you haven't trusted someone in a very long time- and then they disappoint you" I spoke, knowing that, that's what always happens to me.

"I'm not trusting anyone like that again" she cried, making me squeeze here.

"There will come a day when the right guy- or girl, I don't judge-" I spoke quickly, which made her instantly stop crying from wanting to smile

"But there will come a day when you meet someone, and you'll know that they're the one. It's going to feel unreal, you're going to have a lot of hesitation, but he or she will prove to you that they love you, and they'll show you what you're truly worth." I spoke to her, kissing her forehead gently.

"But before then, you'll also come across a few fair shares of fuck boys, you and I will have to fight them away together- and we may end up having a few more of these bonding moments." I spoke, smiling lightly to her.

"But what you have to remember is your self worth. Don't depend on anyone to remind you how beautiful you are, don't let anyone tell you that you aren't beautiful either. You've gotta be able to love yourself before you can love anyone else. Because Aubrey, I can tell you one thing, you're fucking beautiful- and anyone that can't appreciate that and cherish that doesn't deserve you, okay princess?" I told her slowly, hoping it all made sense to her.

"I love you" I heard her voice crack lightly as she spoke, and I hugged her tighter.

"I love you too, princess"