Chapter 13: Everything Is Way Too Much

Zhen Wei was walking inside a boutique looking at some clothes that were hanged trying to find something that suits her taste. As she was busy picking out clothes, she bumped into someone causing her to drop the dress she was holding.

She quickly bent down to pick it up and noticed the red stilettos the woman was wearing who she had bumped with. She stood straight as her eyes shot towards the owner of the shoes, it was Jun Shu Tian.

"Oh, it's you!" Jun Shu Tian said as she quirked her eyebrows at the sight of Zhen Wei.

Zhen Wei noticed a woman standing just beside Jun Shu Tian with a similar taste of fashion. They almost looked like twins with their outfits.

"Excuse me." Zhen Wei didn't want to stand any longer in-front of Jun Shu Tian so she wanted to excuse herself from her. But Jun Shu Tian didn't allow her, instead, she held Zhen Wei's arm and stopped her midway from running away from her.

"Wait." She muttered, looking at Zhen Wei straight into the eye.

"What?" Zhen Wei queried.

"We haven't caught up with each other for a few years already." Zhen Wei wanted to sneer after hearing her words but she chose not to. She didn't want to waste time dealing with her. She simply found it too tiring.

"We don't need to catch up." She replied.

"Why give me a cold shoulder? It's not like we're not acquainted in the past." Jun Shu Tian laughed.

Instantly, Zhen Wei wanted to roll her eyes. For what? Did she want to mock her with what happened in the past?

"Shu Tian, who is she?" The woman who came with Jun Shu Tian spoke.

"Its Zhen Wei, Ling Yu." She answered with a sneer. Not even bothering to cover it up in front of Zhen Wei.

"Omg! That's her?" The woman named Ling Yu said in contempt as if recalling something in the past that greatly disdained her.

"U-huh." Jun Shu Tian replied while nodding her head.

Zhen Wei didn't give off any reaction. She remained composed as much as possible.

"Anyway, why don't you accompany us, Wei?" Jun Shu Tian's offer sounded appalling in any way. She didn't want to let go of this opportunity to mock Zhen Wei.

"Oh. Also, pick out another dress. I don't like that one. That's too nanny." She continued, pointing at the dress Zhen Wei was holding with her lips, acting superior to her as if the dress Zhen Wei picked was for her. At the same time, she was trying to mock Zhen Wei's fashion sense.

"It's not for you." Zhen Wei replied with a blank expression plastered on her face.

"Oh, is it not? No wonder that dress suits you more." Both Jun Shu Tian and Ling Yu laughed in unison. Mockery was clearly evident in their voice.

Zhen Wei didn't want to waste her time conversing with them anymore. She grabbed Jun Shu Tian's hand that was still holding on her arm and swiftly removed it from herself. The next thing she did shock both of the women in front of her.

She simply shoved the dress on Jun Shu Tian's hands.

"If you wanted it that badly, you should have told me."

Without wasting another second, she maneuvered herself to face the other direction and walked towards the exit in a swift. Both the woman had their jaws dropped at her sudden action.

She made Jun Shu Tian looked like someone who will engage in a fight just to get the dress she wanted so bad. A form of mockery better than what she spat out earlier to her.

Jun Shu Tian and Ling Yu were speechless for a minute. Upon completely syncing in the abrupt action of Zhen Wei did she exhaled in disdain. She threw the dress on the floor in fury.

On the other hand, Zhen Wei continued to walk outside the mall to breathe some fresh air. She didn't want to think much about what had happened but the woman was too impulsive, at least a breath of fresh air will ease her mind.

Zhen Wei found a bench and sat, heaving out a sigh. She glanced at her phone and saw Li Shen's message that was sent an hour ago.

She can't help but think about things thoroughly. Even though she had been in a relationship in the past and she was not new in stuff like this but she still felt that everything was way too fast for her. Her fingers held the pendant of the necklace Li Shen gave her subconsciously. Heaving out another sigh, her fingers went to her nape and unclasped the necklace.

She held the necklace in one hand and stared at it for a long while. She admits she felt somehow attracted to Li Shen, still, she didn't want to dive right into a relationship with him, much more as his wife. It was way too fast. She had principles in life and that was to marry someone she was deeply in love with and not some random man she didn't know that much.

Things are happening deliberately. Even though something happened between them but it wasn't enough as a reason to fall into a marriage that quickly. They were both intoxicated with alcohol so she thought that it wouldn't count that much, even though it was her first.

Everything is too much. Too much to take in.

Li Shen was currently driving towards the parking lot when his eyes caught Zhen Wei sitting on a bench outside the mall. He swiftly turned his steering wheel and parked at the corner of the road. He unbuckled his seat belt and went down his car. While walking towards Zhen Wei, he had a smile on his face.

Walking her way out of the mall, till she was sitting on a bench near the road, Zhen Wei was contemplating heavily on her current relationship with Li Shen. Although she felt that Li Shen was sincere to her but because it was way too fast to the point that it lost its credibility. Too put it simply, Zhen Wei was scared.

"Xiao Wei." He called her. As his voice reached her ears she immediately looked up to see him standing in front of her. Her eyes slightly widened in shock but she quickly recovered.

Zhen Wei stood up as she avoided his gaze. A long moment of silence fell between them. In the end, Zhen Wei decided to do what her heart and mind will be most at ease with.

"I'm sorry, Li Shen. I'm giving this back to you."

Zhen Wei placed the necklace on Li Shen's hand making him confused.

"Why? It's yours." He asked, his countenance looked perplexed.

"Everything is too much for me. It's happening way too fast." She answered skeptically, trying her best not to stutter.

Zhen Wei didn't want to wait for him to answer and just walked passed him and hailed a cab. She quickly entered the cab, giving Li Shen not enough time to clarify things further.