Chapter 14: Boss Sure Is Clever

Li Shen's handsome countenance had a hint of confusion. He stood rooted on the ground and can't even utter a word. He clamped his mouth shut and looked at the necklace on his right hand. After contemplating for a while, he gripped the necklace tightly and walked towards his car with a grim expression on his face. He turned his steering wheel and made a U-turn on the road. He then drove straight to his home.

Li Shen's car drove through a big black metallic gate adorned with elegant gold designs. There was a thick concrete covered in black Italian granite and the words 'Primdale Regency' was written in cursive with sophistication. Emitting a royal-like atmosphere.

Primdale Regency is at the top of the pinnacle in all regencies all over the nation and is recognized internationally for its top-notch residences. People who are living in Primdale Regency were mostly billionaire businessmen and politicians. Mansions within this regency are worth millions. Making Evergrande sitting only in the top five!

A silver BMW i8 roadster came into the view in front of an exquisitely built mansion. It wasn't that extravagant but it exceeded sophistication. The design was modern and the walls on the outside were painted in a light tone. Although it was grand, it still gave off a homey atmosphere.

Li Shen stepped out of his car and gave the car keys directly to his trusted butler. There weren't a lot of maids around, there were only five of them, a cook and a gardener who takes care of the garden and landscapes. There were actually a lot of them sent from the ancestral house but Li Shen chose only a few and made them go back. He didn't need a lot and just hired a few to take care of the mansion and his daily needs. Managing everything from his home were handed down to his butler.

The maids who were supposed to greet their young master back quickly clamped their mouth shut as their gaze fell on his deadly aura. Li Shen climbed immediately to his study and shut the doors close, making his butler unable to follow him inside.

Li Shen loosened his necktie and walked back and forth inside his study. He had his fingers under his chin, his other arm propped under his elbow. Thinking where did he go wrong with his actions. He paced around the room back and forth for a good half an hour.

Being indulged deep in his thoughts, Li Shen didn't seem to notice the time. He was so confused that an idea came up into his mind and in the next few seconds, he quickly fished his phone from his pocket and called his assistant, Wang Zhi Yan.

He told him to come over immediately without telling the reason why, causing his assistant running on his way to his mansion.

When Wang Zhi Yan arrived, he stopped for a moment to straighten out the wrinkles on his suit and made his way inside his boss' mansion. Wang Zhi Yan was the type of person who is diligent in his work, he was not someone like Liu Feng who always had a goofy smile on his face and throw jokes every now and then. Although he wasn't really a man of few words, he always had a stern look on his face. Making him the right candidate to be Li Shen's assistant.

He knocked three times before he was finally ushered to come in. Wang Zhi Yan stood straight and paid his greetings to Li Shen.

"I want to ask you something important."Li Shen started. He was leaning on his desk and had a serious expression on his face. He called Wang Zhi Yan because he didn't want to deal with Liu Feng at the moment. He thought that if he was going to ask someone, it should be someone who would take him seriously and not someone like Liu Feng. He can already imagine his goofiness and sure enough, he would tease him nonstop before answering his questions. The guy doesn't have the word 'serious' in his vocabulary.

"What is it that you want to ask Mr Li?" Wang Zhi Yan said in the same demeanor."What do you think did I do wrong to her?" Hearing his question, Wang Zhi Yan was stunned for a moment and had a hart time to process his question.