Discovered

Discovered

Henri’s POV

            I had just finished dressing when I heard a knock on my door. I slipped over to the door silently and looked through the peep hole. Smiling, I saw the pizza boy standing in the hall. He was human as far as I could tell, and there was no one else with him. Opening the door, I hand him the fifteen dollars and take my pizza.

            “Keep the change.” I say lightly as I close the door. Taking a deep breath in, I smile to myself. Jumping on the bed, I turn on the TV and find the animal planet channel. And I dig into my pizza.

            By the time I was finished, I was pretty sleepy. I was just about to slide under the covers when another knock come from my door. I blanched. It’s them isn’t it Angel?

            Yep. As far as I can tell, it’s only the beta, the third in command, and three warriors. There are four outside our window.

            Man. They thought of everything huh? She laughs softly then whines. I hear the beta’s voice. He doesn’t have to talk that loud since I’m a werewolf. Which is a good thing, because it would be a little hard to explain his choice of words to a human should they overheard. “Rouge open up now. Or else we’re coming in.”

            I scurry to the door, unlock it and fling it open. Five of the tallest and most intimidating men I’d ever laid eyes on were standing in front of me. Hearing a slight noise behind me, I turn and watch as several more men slip in through my window. Suddenly I panic. They plan on killing me, was all that registered in my mind. Spinning around, I run to my closet and shut the door. It wasn’t much and I knew that they could break it down in a matter of seconds, but the dark made me feel safe.

            All of them were in my room now. I heard my door and window shut as they slowly made their way towards the closet. “Come out of there rouge.” The beta speaks again and I stay where I am. His commands don’t work on me due to the beta blood that runs in my veins. But he doesn’t know this.

            “No.” I whisper. I’m curled in a tight ball by the time he’s had enough. The door flies open and I yelp in surprise. I could feel my fear rolling off of me, but I didn’t care. I just knew that they were going to kill me, and the only thing that was running through my mind was that I wouldn’t even get to say goodbye to my brother.

            The beta opens his mouth, but closes it when he sees me. Kneeling beside me, he slowly wraps his arms around me. At first, I stiffen at his touch. But then his deep calm voice starts whispering in my ear. He sounded so much like Ryan that I wrapped my arms around his neck and started crying. I could feel his shock.

            He held me for almost an hour until I stopped crying. Giving him a shy smile, I wipe my face and apologize. “What are you doing here?” He asks me, but his voice stayed low and calm. I keep my eyes trained on the floor. “I was just passing through. I didn’t even know that this was pack territory. I only came into town for a meal and a good night’s rest, I swear.” My voice rushes out of my mouth. Several of the men laugh.

            He looks at me puzzled. “Why aren’t you in a pack little one?”

            “They didn’t want me.” I say softly as I move a little causing my shirt to expose my side. I had forgotten about my scars and bruises. When he hissed and stood up in a blink of an eye, I flinched away from him, expecting him to hit me. He freezes, and I realize my mistake. He picks me up slowly and walks to my bed. The second he lets go of me, I moved to the head of the bed as fast as I could. These men were stronger than my pack and I knew that if they started in on me, I wouldn’t last long.